Baby friendly pubs and restaurants

It's my little boy's 1st birthday soon and seeing as we can't fit all the family in our tiny house we were thinking of booking a table for a meal somewhere. We really want to take him somewhere where we won't feel paranoid that he's making too much noise. We've taken him out before and always seem to end up getting disapproving looks from other diners.

Seeing as it's going to be his 1st birthday, we really want him to enjoy himself and 'chat' away like he always does. Any recommendations anyone? Many thanks.

How about a restaurant/pub with a Wacky Warehouse? The only one I know in Sheffield is the Chequers in Holmesfield but if you do a search I'm sure you'll find more around. They're also 241 so get value for money as well :)

We have taken our 16 month old to Frankie and Bennys and they were really nice and also cafe rouge in town - which was on the Saturday before Christmas and it was fine there too. We've also been to Pizza Express in meadowhall, and it was fine there as well.

HTH

If you take a cake to Frankie and Benny's they'll light the candles and bring it out singing happy birthday to him. Foods nice there and service is good to!

there is the storyteller in rotherham, near parkgate, its got a wacky warehouse area and is 2 for 1 on meals. The wentworth at tankersley in barnsley also has a fun factory play area.

charlie chalks near meadowhall have a big slide ball pool thing kids can please on while they have there food etc my kids loved it

I would recommend an italian or chinese restaurant as it is common in both those cultures to eat with children. We take our daughter all over the place, and have done since she was tiny. We have never ever had any problems - barring places that don't allow children, but it's usually clear.

Where do you like to eat?

I'm sure everyone suggests the 'Wacky Warehouse' type places to be helpful, but personally I detest them, and I have never understood why just because you have a child you should have to eat there! :gag:

I would recommend an italian or chinese restaurant as it is common in both those cultures to eat with children. We take our daughter all over the place, and have done since she was tiny. We have never ever had any problems - barring places that don't allow children, but it's usually clear.

Where do you like to eat?

I'm sure everyone suggests the 'Wacky Warehouse' type places to be helpful, but personally I detest them, and I have never understood why just because you have a child you should have to eat there! :gag:

because they are the only type of places we can all find something we like to eat, my OH thanks mcdonalds makes a good meal :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. At least I have a few options now.

My hubby and I love Italian but our main focus is trying to find somewhere the baby can enjoy himself. Honestly, the amount of places we've been where you get annoyed looks for having a baby which actually dares to make a noise.

My mum is vegan but I think she's going to settle for having a vegetarian dish - it's too difficult sometimes to meet everyone's standards.

I reckon we'll just be happy to go somewhere we can relax for a change - Frankie & Bennys sounds pretty good, I've been before but never with the baby and the food is lovely. Baby will love all the attention, esp if they sing 'happy birthday' to him.

Try Cafe Uno on Ecclesall Road. We have taken out little lad in there since he was around 8 months old and they have always been really attentive. Its great for a family meal with a mix of adults and children. They don't have any sort of play area though. They have lots of high chairs and dont mind you bringing your pushchair in.

Pizza express in town is brilliant with children, really nice kids menu. Plenty of room for pram. They give activity packs with stickers and colours we go alot with two babies.

If you want something more for the grown ups fellicinis on eccy rd is also very good with kids and they do smaller portions for the kids my little girl loves the carbonara!