Walk along Baslow Edge Sunday 27th Jan

LinchpinLulu

as this is my first walk with you all i find it awkward to advise but, if anyone takes a dog along with them it is more than advisable to keep them on a lead when we start the climb up after leaving the residential area. A farmer who lives in the area is not very friendly at all if he see's a dog running on his land. I hope people don't mind me mentioning this.

Thats what I like to hear Lu, someone else apart from me who hasn't got much of a clue!

No worries, we'll have fun getting lost together won't we :)

Heard from Albert tonight that he's getting a lift with Fuzzle, so he'll probably be doing the full route and not meeting us at Curbar Crossroads after all.

Looks like at least a dozen definites by my count, maybe more. You can arrange a few more if this is what happens when you put your name to something. Well done!

Hello all, i'll be there on Sunday for my first SF walk... look forward to finally meeting you all!

I would have liked to have done the walk but this morning I knew that my foot was not up to it and I don't want to find myself back to square one.

You have had lovely day though a bit windy and I'm sure that you will have enjoyed it.

How high is that big globular piece of rock on the top? How did it get there? & Why?

I've a photograph somewhere, which I'll post, that shows me stood on top of it!!

Did you get a new bra for christmas ' Probby '!!

Does the first two photographs show the Eagle Stone? If not, Any ideas where it is please?

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=28258&l=90362&id=645681893

No worries, we'll have fun getting lost together won't we

You said it Scoobz!:blush:

Well that turned out to be a really lovely walk on a lovely dry day, with not too much mud this week for a change! Bit windy and cold up on the top when we stopped but ok once we got walking again. Was great to see WhiteMutt again weve missed you and hope you come more often now youre feeling better! Nice to meet newcomer Alligin, hope you had a good time! :)

A wonderful walk in glorious sunshine, even if it was very windy up on Froggatt edge. Thankyou so much to LinchpinLulu for leading this walk, It's just what I needed to get me back into the swing of things.

So nice to see Whitemutt again, I really enjoyed catching up.

It was great to meet Alligin, hope you will come again soon.

A big thankyou to everyone who brought food to share, not too sure it's helping my diet though.

All in all, an excellent days walking even though we probably did double the distance we were intending to do!

What started as a 4.5 mile stroll, ended up more like a 9 mile hike, thanks to a missed turn off. Still, it wouldn't be a Forum Group walk if things went swimmingly would it?

Despite this, not a complaint from anyone at the extended length of the walk, well, with hindsight I'll rescind that comment, love her to bits but omg Whitemutt, are you 30 something or geriatric age :confused: I suppose we ought to forgive you though for your tiredness seeing as its your first real exercise since Adam was a lad, but dear oh dear, didn't you struggle?. Just make sure you don't leave so long till you next come, that way you'll not suffer so much :).

Hearty welcome to newbie Alligin, was nice to have you with us at long last. Hopefully you enjoyed the walk, we all certainly enjoyed your company and are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Hi all

thanks for making me feel so welcome, I enjoyed every minute of the walk, and will most certainly be coming along on many more walks.

I hope everyone got home safe and sound.

Great walk Linchpin Lulu and thanks for getting us lost!! It was so lovely i would have been disappointed if we had done the shortened version. I didn't get a parking ticket either so that was good.

Great to meet all the people I have not met before and as usual it was interesting company and a fun day.

thanks

Firstly, thanks to everyone who offered lifts to this wonderful walk. It was a great day out and yes, I feel the same as the others about the extension to the original walk, it wouldn't have been anywhere near long enough if we hadn't 'gone wrong'! There was just so much to see and photograph and the weather was just great. As has become a habit of mine, I did a fair amount of running to catch up again and at one point, Saul and I got left well behind by the rest of the group (who thought we were off in front!) as we experimented with shots of the sun coming through the trees over a hill. Anyway, all the running was well fuelled by much appreciated home-made fayre: busy lizzie's mince pies ("cooked this morning"!), Nooka's birthday cake (with icing and chocolate stars), Canada Girl and Cookman74's chocolate bread (with walnuts) mmmmmmmmm nice one!

It was great to meet you, Alligin, and nice to see WhiteMutt and Maggie again. Pity you couldn't make it Albert T Smith, hope your foot is alright. Oh and I love your 'old photos' you posted in #40 - great stuff!

HERE are my photos of the day.....and HERE are Saul's. Enjoy and feel free to leave comments if you like. :)

Good photos there Mardybum and Saul! :wave: It looks like you had the perfect weather for it too, it's great when it's such a crisp day. :love:

Hmmm.... I've noticed that on nearly all the walks, there's usually a photo of the walking group hanging about outside some toilets. Perhaps we ought to reassure people that it's merely for "comfort breaks" - not for nefarious activities! :hihi: