Should SWFC be kicked out of FA Cup...

Christ, what is it with you blades and calling everyone cheats?

What about when you got that WBA game cancelled a few seasons ago? I think that was more obvious cheating than a conspiracy about our pitch.

You mean the one where we requested that the result should stand and we should lose?

It's the Warnock legacy mate. Did you ever see any of his post-match interviews. Frequently accusing the other team or the ref of cheating. After how ever many seasons of watching him moan it's been programmed into every blade's mind that everyone but them is a cheater. :)

Or could it be more sinister than that Robbie?

The Times article i mentioned in an earlier post suggested Wednesday had to sell possibly 5 players to stave off administration.

Now if i had an eye on a player i wanted to buy i wouldn't want him playing any more games in the bad conditions that are sweeping the country.

It is all if's and buts but it does make you wonder.

Now didn't the blue lot find something to say about the battle of bramall lane?

Shoe on other foot and they dont like it.

and what punishment did you lot get for the battle of bumhole lane?

You mean the one where we requested that the result should stand and we should lose?

Did your club release a statement as such? I don't recall

Still wouldn't change the fact that SUFC's conduct during that game was a disgrace to football.

..... for intentionally getting Tuesday's Cup Match called off?

see link:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sportheadlines/LATEST-Laws-39very-confident39-of.3683876.jp

Clearly they had a pitch cover, and undersoil heating, prior to Tuesday's rain, but obviously didn't use it.

Then Fatty Laws comes out on Tuesday and says that he's pretty pleased it got called off because players were carrying knocks, and Robson would have been in crowd to scout them out.

And now, with two further days of rain to go, the pitch is going to be fine.

Kick them out of the CUP - even though they'll go out anyway!

Agree totally with you mate! If, (as other posters say) they may not have had a pitch cover it would be stupidity of the highest degree considering that all the area had been under a flood warning for days. Perhaps they should spend more money on taking care of their playing surface instead of legal bills to sue their own fans!

Apparently, and this has come 2nd hand from The Lane but from a good source, a representative of United (can't say who because it came from a player and I may get him in bother) tried to gain access to Hillborough on the day of the Derby game to view the pitch conditions and was refused by Wednesday. The plot thickens!

Let face it if we beat Wednesday yet again (double last time)attendances will drop even further at Hillsborough and Mr Laws job will be even more at risk. SWFC are running scared and do not wish to risk any players in a cup game when beating us is a priority for them. It's a shame for the fans, including Owls, when clubs deliberately postpone games. The best team will win on the day! I hope it's the Blades but if it's the Owls then all Unitedites will have to face the gloating over the weekend and next week!

What about when you got that WBA game cancelled a few seasons ago? I think that was more obvious cheating than a conspiracy about our pitch.

We never got a game cancelled. The referee at the time went by the rules that if we couldn't have 7+ players on the pitch, then the game should be abandoned.

How can we be called cheats for that? I may also suggest before you respond to this that you check all facts that are relevant to this game before making yourself look foolish.

Did your club release a statement as such? I don't recall.

It was in Neil Warnocks post match comments, and I believe a statement would have been released saying as much.

We never got a game cancelled. The referee at the time went by the rules that if we couldn't have 7+ players on the pitch, then the game should be abandoned.

How can we be called cheats for that? I may also suggest before you respond to this that you check all facts that are relevant to this game before making yourself look foolish.

It's no more foolish than trying to make out that SWFC would get a cup-tie cancelled on purpose. As such, it probably deserves to be in this thread.

It's no more foolish than trying to make out that SWFC would get a cup-tie cancelled on purpose. As such, it probably deserves to be in this thread.

Maybe you're correct.

But Sheffield United were cleared of any wrong doing in their so called "cheating" attempt.

Wednesday are yet to be cleared..... and will probably never even be looked in to. Maybe thats an oversight by the FA, maybe not.

Maybe you're correct.

But Sheffield United were cleared of any wrong doing in their so called "cheating" attempt.

Wednesday are yet to be cleared..... and will probably never even be looked in to. Maybe thats an oversight by the FA, maybe not.

So the fact Sheff United were investigated and cleared on any wrongdoing is somehow better that Wednesday not being investigated at all?

So the fact Sheff United were investigated and cleared on any wrongdoing is somehow better that Wednesday not being investigated at all?

Very much so. The Blades were deemed 100% innocent, can this be said of the owls? Afraid not.

Very much so. The Blades were deemed 100% innocent, can this be said of the owls? Afraid not.

Erm, I think it can, since no investigation is going to happen, thats 100% innocent in the eyes of the law.

Erm, I think it can, since no investigation is going to happen, thats 100% innocent in the eyes of the law.

Just because no investigation is to happen, doesn't mean they are innocent.