The Red Lion Book Club

Have finished Mister Pip - really enjoyed it.

Haven't even got my copy yet, hoping in the next couple of days though. Am sure I will ahve it done and read by next meeting though.

Haven't even got my copy yet, hoping in the next couple of days though. Am sure I will ahve it done and read by next meeting though.

You can borrow my copy if you want.

Hello Book Club,

I'm a newbie on here and wondered if you didn't mind me joining your club?:help:

I'm not going to be able to make the 12 March meet, which is a shame, but wondered what other dates you all had in mind?

Currently plowing my way through Grapes of Wrath at the minute (no pun intended!:gag:), but if you let me know which other books you have on the horizon over the coming weeks i'll crack on.

Thanks.

The book after Mister Pip will be Brick Lane by Monica Ali. Date to discuss that one will be sometime in April but not yet decided. I have finished Mr Pip and 66 pages into Brick Lane btw.

thanks pupster, just picked up my copy from the library last night and am making good progress, should be done by the weekend. Am going to wait a little before I start Brick Lane though as my memory is like a sieve and I will have forgotten all about it by the time April comes.

See you all in a couple of weeks.

I finished a few days ago, looking forward to discussing it. I'm the same as Mocca, I'd have forgotten Brick Lane by the time we meet next if I read it now!

I hope you early finishers have been making notes about Mister Pip so we have something to discuss? i'm starting it this weekend so it should be fresh in my mind when we meet.

I've been reading Time Traveler's Wife. I got a bit bogged down at times but now i'm nearing the end I regard it as quite satisfying. It certainly has quite an interesting structure! Would have preferred if it was about 150 pages shorter though.

Hi, is there room for one more at your book club? Whether or not I come to the next one depends if I get hold of the book in time as they didn't have it at the library. If anyone's borrowed it and finished it, please return it! I've already read Brick Lane so will come to the next one if not.

Hi all,

I'm back again now... I finished Mr. Pip in a week, it was a really quick read. It was very different from the other books we have read so it will probably lead to an interesting discussion. By chance I happened to watch when they interviewed the author and had the discussion about the book on Richard and Judy which was interesting.

Russ 12345, you are very welcome to join our book club. We usually decide when to meet during our meetings so check this thread again after March 12th.

Take care

I've finally bought Mister Pip, so I hope to join you all on 12th. Should be able to get through it by then - I've got a few train journeys to do in the next 10 days....

I saw the interview with Richard and Judy but was at the gym so couldn't hear what they were saying - would have been interesting to wknow what was being said.

See you all next week - at this rate we will be taking over The Red Lion.