The Red Lion Book Club

Hi,

I enquired about joining your book club a few months ago but things went a bit crazy busy and didn't make it. Could I still join now please? I happened to have just started a Spot of Bother..when is the June meeting?

Thanks.

Laura.

Hi Laura

Yes, you're welcome to come along.

The next meeting will be at 7.30pm on Wed 11th June at the Red Lion on Charles Street. You'll be able to identify us because we'll have a copy of 'A Spot Of Bother' on the table (usually in the conservatory).

Well, I've finished 'A Spot Of Bother' and I thought it was great: one of those books where you intend to put the light out at 11pm and you look at the clock and it's 1am....

I've just finished it too. I enjoyed it, although some parts made me feel a bit unwell...I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't finished it (and anyway, it is only because I'm very squeamish)!!

I finished it this morning. Very entertaining.

I've finished too. I know what you mean Shauna about the squeamish bits - I am just glad I was forewarned so I did not read it whilst eating my lunch. see you next week

Hi!

I would like to join the group too - I should be able to read the book by the 11th :)

Mari

Welcome, Mari.

A member of the group who shall remain nameless told me s/he didn't find any of it squeamish! Some people clearly have stronger resistance to such things than I do...

A member of the group who shall remain nameless told me s/he didn't find any of it squeamish! Some people clearly have stronger resistance to such things than I do...

I am not normally squeamish but even I found myself skipping over bits - especially that one part......

I'm looking forward to Wednesday: I hope I haven't forgotten too much of the book (I didn't take so many notes this time)!

Well, I've finished 'A Spot Of Bother' and I thought it was great: one of those books where you intend to put the light out at 11pm and you look at the clock and it's 1am....

ive just seen this post....and i totally agree.

i though it was so funny and yet so touching at the same time.

x