The Red Lion Book Club

WooHoo, The Book Thief is one of my favourite books!!! I am currently having to force myself to read Brick Lane, not enjoying it at all. Half way through and I find myself skipping entire paragraphs!!!

See you in April.

I am not really enjoying it - struggling to feel anything for any of the characters and am starting to skip over paragraphs now.

Oh no! Not a good sign. I'll force myself to read it all as I was the one who suggested it (not that I knew what I was letting everyone in for!)

At least we can spend the evening moaning about it and picking it apart!

Sorry about that...

Shauna

There is no need to be sorry Shauna at least there are no vortexes (is that the plural of vortex?)

Even though I am not really enjoying it I still think it is a good choice for a book club there should be plenty to talk about.

I agree: we shouldn't only read books we all like.

There is no need to be sorry Shauna at least there are no vortexes (is that the plural of vortex?)

Hey, settle down Pupster, The Eyre Affair was my choice and I should point out that the majority of people enjoyed it - it was only you and Code who didn't "get it" ;-) Lol!!

Besides, it has made all the other books seem spectacularly good!

I don't know how far into Brick Lane the rest of you are, but I read chapter 7 last night and found it very readable and absorbing. If only the first six chapters had been like that..!

am enjoying the letters, everything else I am skipping. I am sure i am missing major plot themes and will get to the end of the book and go "eh?!" hahaha Have been re-reading one of my faves so I guess it is difficult to put that down and pick up Brick Lane, am sure it will be a good discussion though.

Could anyone suggest any funny chick-lit? Have been reading some really heavy literature and non fiction and am in need of someting light and fluffy.

Pupster; I think the plural of vortex is vorti hahaha

Could anyone suggest any funny chick-lit? Have been reading some really heavy literature and non fiction and am in need of someting light and fluffy.

Pupster; I think the plural of vortex is vorti hahaha

Funny chick lit: Emma - Jane Austen. Seriously.

And I think it might be "vortices".

Hey, settle down Pupster, The Eyre Affair was my choice and I should point out that the majority of people enjoyed it - it was only you and Code who didn't "get it" ;-) Lol!!

Besides, it has made all the other books seem spectacularly good!

Sorry Ron Blanco - promise not to mention it again :hihi:

I am on chapter 10 of Brick Lane and enjoying it. (Those of you who aren't could always get the DVD of the movie and then bluff). :D

Maybe it's just that the first six chapters aren't up to much..? I'm certainly finding it easier to read now (ch. 9).