The Red Lion Book Club

I thought I would bump this up, as people are still responding to the old thread (I guess we can't get the old thread closed down as the OP has fled to Switzerland). Must say the Eyre Affair is not my cup of tea, more my cup of hemlock. But I will be there to discuss its "merits" on Wednesday Next.

Wednesday Next!

Well at least the book has allowed you to make that side-splitting quip code13, so something good has come of it. :D

It was certainly a contrast to the previous book which has gone up in my estimation, in retrospect.

Hi everyone!

I'm afraid I won't be able to come to next week's meeting as I'm going off on a last minute holiday to Budapest... But I've just bought Mr. Pip so I'll go ahead with our next title.

Thanks for inviting us to the Australia day celebrations Mocca, that was really kind of you. I haven't logged on for a while so I didn't see the invite. I would have come, but this is what happens to you when you only log on every two weeks...

Happy birthday Code13!

See you all next time.

Yep, it has definitely been a change to the last books we have been reading. I actually didnt mind it that much, admit to doing quite a lot of "skimming" though. Was a welcome relief before I started rereading some good old Chcuk

Look forward to everyone's views on Wednesday.

It was certainly a contrast to the previous book which has gone up in my estimation, in retrospect.

Have finished the book and definately agree.

I'm afraid I won't be able to come to next week's meeting as I'm going off on a last minute holiday to Budapest...

Have a great time - i am sure you'll love Budapest :)

See ya Wednesday

Hi - are new members still welcome?

I've never been to a book club before (although thought about it a few times) but your book choices are mostly ones I've already chosen to read so thought it looked fun. How many of you usually meet?

thanx

Hi, there are usually five or six of us. New members welcome.

I've read the book and will be there on Wednesday. I'm a newcomer but looking forward to it.

Shauna, one of us will put a copy of the book on our table, so that you can recognise who we are (if I bring mine, I'll leave it there!!!).

Hi guys see you tonight. Can someone please bring a copy of the book for the newcomer to recognise us? I returned mine to the library the other day...in any case newcomers we are usually out in the "atrium" area. Look for me Mocca the big tall,lanky dark haired australian ;-)