How do you get a council house when they're all for priority?

if you've got nothing helpful to say.......so its ok for people that aren't even british (you know what i'm getting at) to come over here & take up all the accomodation then.We should come 1st i've watched flats where they've put double glazing in, move furniture in then move a polish ect. I'm not been racist but its all wrong & i dont care what you say they're put 1st i know as a friend works at sheffield homes :|

I think your friend who works for Sheffield Homes doesn't understand either the housing policy or who is eligible for housing. You have been given a link to housing policy in a previous post, I suggest that not only do you have a look, but your friend should read it, it might help them do their job properly.

People who 'aren't even British' could mean people in all sorts of categories. The reality of their situation regarding housing has been pointed out many times in other threads. For instance...

• Asylum seekers - no rights to a council tenancy, they can't even register
  • Economic migrants (as in Poles and other Europeans) often lots living together in private rented houses to save costs as they are not eligible for council housing until they have been working (and paying tax in the UK) for some time.
  • People who may appear not to be British - if they have a British passport they will be entitled to housing. Some may have had families here for generations, paying tax etc. Some may have been asylum seekers who have been accepted here because of their dangerous situation in their own countries (torture, false imprisonment, death)

Judging by the info you've posted you aren't 'in need' of social housing - you want a cheaper option. Don't make yourself homeless either - reasons why people lose their homes are investigated - if you are found to be 'intentionally homeless' then you won't get priority.

if you've got nothing helpful to say.......so its ok for people that aren't even british (you know what i'm getting at) to come over here & take up all the accomodation then.We should come 1st i've watched flats where they've put double glazing in, move furniture in then move a polish ect. I'm not been racist but its all wrong & i dont care what you say they're put 1st i know as a friend works at sheffield homes :|

Gordon bennett... here we go again:- someone trotting out the hackneyed old comments "I'm not been (sic) racist but ..."

"they're taking our houses, taking our jobs, taking our women"

for crying out loud

(and by the way it's " I am not being" not "I am not ")

You should get your 'friend' to bump you up the que then!!

And I suppose you can show us some facts to back that statement up then.

it is a fact that polish people cant be on the waiting list longer than sheffield people .

it is a fact that if you just leave home and say you have nowhere to live you dont get priority because you have made yourself homeless.

and it is a fact polish people are not refugees but are economic migrants within the european union and as such should have no priority whatsoever.

and what makes you think they are all going for council houses? i work in a letting agency and we have a LOT of polish people renting houses/flats through us. they generally work hard, long hours, and house share :huh:

nearly 4 yrs but i've looked at that & even the areas which aren't so great had 15 to 17 yrs waiting time

And I suppose you'll only want a house because you have kids... blah blah blah!

Why not go for flats or maisonettes? You say you want a "cheaper" option? (not in so many words, but that's what you're getting at) You're jumping on the same bandwagon as all the other people that can't have what they want.

It's always been trendy to slag the Council for one reason or another, it's housing's turn at the moment.

You say you'll take anywhere, but we both know that's not true! You want a "nice" area, with a nice house so you can buy it, taking another property from the Council, and living the life of riley. Because you can't have that, it's the Council's fault.

GET A GRIP!!!! Is all I can say to that. You have a go at non-English people yet you, who is English, can't spell, and your grammar is weak too. I don't think you're really English at all or you'd take more pride in where you come from!

nearly 4 yrs but i've looked at that & even the areas which aren't so great had 15 to 17 yrs waiting time

Yep that's about right.

When I was bidding, most houses had incredibly long waiting times. With less than 4 years, you will be best bidding for 2 bed maisonettes. But even with your current time, it's probably not enough. Unless you get lucky.

I bidded for EVERYTHING that I was eligible for. And it wasn't until I had 5 years before I got an offer. I didn't get it though, even though I had an expired eviction notice for my rented property (as it had been sold off).

Registering as homeless is not an option you should consider (IMO). You only get a week or 2s priority, and if you don't take any old crap they offer you, you can kiss goodbye to your waiting time too.

Gordon bennett... here we go again:- someone trotting out the hackneyed old comments "I'm not been (sic) racist but ..."

"they're taking our houses, taking our jobs, taking our women"

for crying out loud

(and by the way it's " I am not being" not "I am not ")

thats cos they are .....just that you dare not say it in this politicaly correct world we live in.......so much better now isnt it??

And I suppose you'll only want a house because you have kids... blah blah blah!

Why not go for flats or maisonettes? You say you want a "cheaper" option? (not in so many words, but that's what you're getting at) You're jumping on the same bandwagon as all the other people that can't have what they want.

It's always been trendy to slag the Council for one reason or another, it's housing's turn at the moment.

You say you'll take anywahere, but we both know that's not true! You want a "nice" area, with a nice house so you can buy it, taking another property from the Council, and living the life of riley. Because you can't have that, it's the Council's fault.

GET A GRIP!!!! Is all I can say to that. You have a go at non-English people yet you, who is English, can't spell, and your grammar is weak too. I don't think you're really English at all or you'd take more pride in where you come from!

anywahare is that how you spell it ?? dont pull other people up when you cant spell yourself

Speak Polish,can guarantee that they have priority over you and NO am not being racist,its a fact

No, it is not a fact, and you are an idiot. Since no-one clearly bothered to read the Sheffield City Council lettings policy last time I linked to it, I'll link it again http://www.sheffieldhomes.org.uk/index.asp?pgid=34173

Now read it, and tell me where it says you'll get priority if you're Polish.

Plus, report out today, shows Eastern Europeans have so far taken up only 1% of social housing http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/jan/17/immigrationandpublicservices.immigration

Next.