How do you get a council house when they're all for priority?

I have been down to property shop in hillsborough, and asked why I was given the wrong infomation the lady was very helpful and said it shouldn't have happend. She filled out the form with me, and said my registration (sp?) will be suspended until i'm 18 years old, unless I become homeless in the mean time. So, I can't bid until i'm 18 which isn't a problem, (Don't like the thought of my own place.. love my cooked dinners too much :hihi:)

And i'm still waiting for the baby, a week late! Typical male...

Thanks for the advice though, glad someone shed some light! :)

Everyone should be as helpful as that lady. Glad you got it sorted!

Hi, i'm new hope you dont mind my posting. Its terrible the housing situation, we're in a one bed ground floor flat (which we waited 4 yrs for) and want a house cos we get married in six months and want to start a family. My sister had her son and lived with my mum and dad (and me when I were still at home) for 2years before she were offered anything. Even then it was disgusting, my dad had to go under the floorboards to restrengthen the kitchen floor or it would have fallen through - council said nowt were up with it. Next door neighbour said the previous owner left it in a right tip and all the windows were covered in black flies. Why do they let them get like this, surely the council should go straight in, clean it up and re-release it. It were empty yonks. We've tried bidding but only way we'll get something is if I end up pregnant and in a one-bed flat that is not an option. We dont qualify for priority in any way shape or form so will have to buy in about 18months time, which the way the housing market is going and the prices isnt looking at all promising, we've got steady jobs but pay isnt great, bills, council tax, weekly food etc it all adds up. If I've ten quid left after payday and all bills been paid my goodness me I'm a lucky girl! As well as SYHA try Arhes and Places for People, they might be able to help. They just knocking Scowerdons down and theres hardly anywhere for them to go. Doubt they'll start rebuilding anytime soon.... I sincerely sympathise with your situation and hope you find somert soon.........