What's /what was your craving?

Originally posted by kate_sheff

Later on Fizzy Vimto. Was the best day of my life when a customer walked into the pub I ran at the time with a crate of the stuff for me. Think that lasted about a day. For some reason, my son won't touch the stuff!

When my mum was pregnant with me, she had a craving for Guinness.

Now, in small town Nottinghamshire in 1961 it wasn't the done thing for pregnant women to go in to pubs, so quite frequently my mum had to put up with her cravings.

When I was born, for days afterwards I was licking my lips, as if I'd picked up on mum's feelings!

It took me 30 years to start drinking Guinness, and now I adore it!

Joe

With my first, it was Bitter Lemon (but only with lots of ice) - for the last three months I drank two litres a day - and my god did it give me heartburn - yet I still drank it. :loopy:

With my second it was egg mayonnaise sandwiches (made whil e the egg was still warm so that it slightly melted the butter on the bread) - god they hit the spot:D

When my mum was pregnant with me, her craving was for Clarnico Mint Creams, and even though you hardly see them around any more I absolutely adore them even though everyone else thinks they're a bit yukky!

now i feel a bit wierd reading them.. so far i havent had any cravings that i have noticed! maybe its too early yet? when did people start to get cravings??

just noticed that i have had to eat a lot more food than i did before (considering i didnt eat very much its quite strange)

I'm feeling really left out! I'm 8 months pregnant and haven't had a craving yet !

My mum never had any cravings with me or my little bro, she just went off things, mainly the unhealthy things like coffee and fried food, she couldn't even stand the smell of a frying pan warming up, never mind the smell of food in it!!!!

I'm feeling really left out! I'm 8 months pregnant and haven't had a craving yet !

well at least i'm not the only one then!!

My mum never had any cravings with me or my little bro, she just went off things, mainly the unhealthy things like coffee and fried food, she couldn't even stand the smell of a frying pan warming up, never mind the smell of food in it!!!!

i havent noticed any cravings but i have gone off a lot of stuff (or the smells of stuff)

ah well.. not long to go now

Originally posted by Angel05

Is it not too early on in your pregnancy to have food cravings :?

probably who knows? been feeling faint and sick since week three?? its crazy

I craved shephards pie when I was pregnant with my son but the shephards pie had to be stone cold, I absolutely hated hot foods and went right off Roast Dinners.

I suffered bad heartburn as well, I was told that it meant the baby has alot of hair and when my son was born by c section on Christmas Day he had a mop of jet black hair and weighted 7lb 14 oz.

I enjoyed the pregnancy I thought it was great, cant wait to do it all over again someday.

Originally posted by NatalieSheff

probably who knows? been feeling faint and sick since week three?? its crazy

How far gone are you? have you not had any cravings?

The craving I had all through my first pregnancy was for maltesers. Like others here, I also had poor hubby trawling the late night garages when supplies ran low. Other cravings came and went (including one very fattening phase of scones with clotted cream). The weird thing was, my mum was going through chemotherapy at the time and we found we often had the same cravings. When she was feeling really sick and unable to eat anything she'd phone me up and ask what my craving was at that moment, and she usually found she was able to eat that particular thing!

i read in a mothercare book you crave starchy type foods from week 6? its an old book though! it scares me the thought of a thing inside you, dont know how id feel when it moves....i just keep thinking sigorney weaver in alien

I'm 6 months on, and still no cravings, either. Went off things during the first trimester, but mainly I'm just hungrier.

I did have an artichoke hearts thing at about 12-14 weeks, couldn't get enough, but that was it. And one morning when I made my lovely husband take me to Little Chef for pancakes and hash browns with maple syrup, which he was dreading would become a craving, but it never did.

Kind of feel like I'm missing out, lol.

Cosywolf:P