Organ Donation - Have you signed up?

I'm registered and carry my card

brilliant well done you:banana::banana:

doesnt matter sign up:)

don't you agree there should be even an opt-out choice for people,

you seem as if you are telling people what they should do:confused:

don't you agree there should be even an opt-out choice for people,

you seem as if you are telling people what they should do:confused:

all im asking is for people to sign up to donate there organs upon death purely volenterily

I've been on the organ donor register since it was first started up, but unfortunately because of my health problems I think they would be unlikely to use any of my organs (if you were a recipient, would you want them to use organs from someone who had had cancer and lots of radiotherapy and chemo?).

I've been on the organ donor register since it was first started up, but unfortunately because of my health problems I think they would be unlikely to use any of my organs (if you were a recipient, would you want them to use organs from someone who had had cancer and lots of radiotherapy and chemo?).

glad to hear your on the register but sad to hear of your health,i suppose if your organs could give someone a little longer life then it has got to be better than nothing at all.

I've got a doner card, so that when I'm dead my body will be turned into a kebab.

I've got a doner card, so that when I'm dead my body will be turned into a kebab.

hmm i dont think thats what the nhs have in mind,lol

I'm worried - I once watched a film which has stuck in my mind where a man had a hand transplant because he was a pianist but rather than carrying on with his career the new hand was intent on murder! Der, der, derrrrrrr!

You see I'm worried because if for example someone got my liver, they might be happily trying to go off to work and then find themselves inexplicably causing a knees up in the local hostelry. If they got my heart they'd be breezily trying to make love to their husband but find themselves ridiculously attracted to a slightly overweight and dishevelled Mr Slick.

At this point I think I should stop discussing my body parts.

I am on the donor list. I do understand people's views on not being 'complete' any more but I think, if possible, you just have to see past it and think of the good it can do.

I always felt very weird about the donation of corneas... I hate the idea of someone messing with my eyes even after I'm gone! But, considering I know I want to be cremated (forward planning eh! My Mum instilled a fear of being busired alive in me damn her...:loopy:) then I suppose it doesn't matter what they take!

Also a blood donor, tho have slacked for the last few months, must make myself go again.

My sister wants to go on the bone marrow donation list but I can't quite bring myself to do that one :blush:

I am on the donor list. I do understand people's views on not being 'complete' any more but I think, if possible, you just have to see past it and think of the good it can do.

I always felt very weird about the donation of corneas... I hate the idea of someone messing with my eyes even after I'm gone! But, considering I know I want to be cremated (forward planning eh! My Mum instilled a fear of being busired alive in me damn her...:loopy:) then I suppose it doesn't matter what they take!

Also a blood donor, tho have slacked for the last few months, must make myself go again.

My sister wants to go on the bone marrow donation list but I can't quite bring myself to do that one :blush:

i can see where your coming from,ideally the nhs would like all your organs,however there is an option not to donate certain parts of your body if you wish.

No I'm not, no I won't, and I will be opting out.

For almost 20 years I was a blood, platelet and plasma donor and I assume I helped save quite a few lives with the God knows how much I donated. I stopped when my own health intervened.

I feel I've done my stint and to be honest being browbeaten won't make me change my mind. :)