Organ Donation - Have you signed up?

In with the no crowd dont want my body choped up like a peice of meat no thank you! its unnatural for other peoples bits and bobs to be put in other people! this is why we have such a burden people are sopesed to die if they are to weak, not forced to carry on its unfair to them and unfair to the healthy!

Do you feel the same way about blood transfusions?

I have decided to leave my organ to Wilson Pecks.

In with the no crowd dont want my body choped up like a peice of meat no thank you! its unnatural for other peoples bits and bobs to be put in other people! this is why we have such a burden people are sopesed to die if they are to weak, not forced to carry on its unfair to them and unfair to the healthy!

It's "unnatural" to surgically intervene to stop people dieing of appendicitis, use glasses to correct cripplingly bad eye-site, live in centrally heated houses...

Edited by plekhanov

I've donated blood, marrow & am on the Organ register. Of the 3 the last seems the one there's basically no excuse not to do.

Blood donation takes a bit of time, some people can't do it as they faint and so forth.

Marrow donation takes a few days and is pretty physically draining, though you recover in about a week.

Posthumous organ donation on the other hand by definition can't inconvenience you in the slightest. I can see of no good reason not to sign up for it.

In fact I think we should adopt an opt out system with those who opt out also opting out of being eligible for donated organs.

i decided i wanted to give blood now i do it all the time i dont know why everyone doesnt do it

i dont know why i didnt do it years ago.i hate needles but i can honestly say it doesnt bother me,knowing its going to help someone it so very rewarding:)

we all take the nhs for granted,why not give something back?

I've donated blood, marrow & am on the Organ register. Of the 3 the last seems the one there's basically no excuse not to do.

Blood donation takes a bit of time, some people can't do it as they faint and so forth.

Marrow donation takes a few days and is pretty physically draining, though you recover in about a week.

Posthumous organ donation on the other hand by definition can't inconvenience you in the slightest. I can see of no good reason not to sign up for it.

In fact I think we should adopt an opt out system with those who opt out also opting out of being eligible for donated organs.

I couldn’t agree more.

My motto would be' if you would be prepared to accept, then you should be prepared to give'.

My organs are knackered. No way I'm handing them on. I maybe a **** but not I'm not a ******.

My motto would be' if you would be prepared to accept, then you should be prepared to give'.

so true:):)

I'm not sure if I am for an "opt out" system, however I do think, if you feel strongly enough to give your consent, then your next of kin, should the worst happpen, should not be able to block it, as they are able to do now. I understand that, at the worst possible moment, families don't want to think about organ donation, and this leads to potential donations not happening. I have told my family I want to donate, and hopefully they would respect my wishes

Edited by Loubbe

bumping this thread yet again,just incase anyone is thinking about registering theres a link on the first page,:D

I thought I would bump this back to the top of the pile given the fact that ITV are currently promoting the idea of organ donation.

My name is down so that my organs are donated when I die. How many more of you are signed up?