Organ Donation - Have you signed up?

This should be opt-out, not opt-in.

i agree with you :)

I haven't signed up and I know I should. I just remember someone saying to me that they couldn't get over the death of someone because they had donated organs and they didn't feel they had laid them to rest properly because they weren't 'complete' and they knew that part of them was still alive.

That's just selfish:mad:

This should be opt-out, not opt-in.

A mirror of my own thoughts:thumbsup:

I have not signed-up. What is more I do not intend to ! I do not wish body or that of my kin to be mutilated. If you don't like that too bad.

If you do wish to opt in, fine, but don't you simpering do-gooders attempt to bully others into a compulsory scheme that we have to opt out off.

Leave us a little dignity in death.

I have not signed-up. What is more I do not intend to ! I do not wish body or that of my kin to be mutilated. If you don't like that too bad.

Would you feel the same way about organ donation if it was you who was in dire need of an organ to save your life?

If you do wish to opt in, fine, but don't you simpering do-gooders attempt to bully others into a compulsory scheme that we have to opt out off.

I agree with you on that one.

I do not wish body or that of my kin to be mutilated. If you don't like that too bad.

However should you, or your relatives need an organ, would you be quick enough to expect to have someone elses?

Thats one of the reasons all my organs can go when I die. I wont need them, and should I or a relative ever need it, I'd want there to be available organs.

So I think, if you arent on the doner register you shouldnt get any organs should you need it yourself

I've been an organ donor for a long time, I'm 48 now. I used to be a blood donor (28 donations) but eventually every time that the donor session came I always seemed to either have a cold or be on Antibiotics. I then got into the habit of not going, I'll now start again, I work for the NHS and amazingly haven't been subjected to any recuitment campaigns. I'm on the Bone Marrow Donor Register but haven't been called up yet, my blood group is B Positive, a claim to fame of which is that I'm the same group as "The Yorkshire Ripper" I sincerely hope that he never receives any of mine.

I do not require any organs as yet but if and when I do I shall let you know. Just as a matter of interest, do you supply a catalogue so that we can choose our own future organs?

I do not require any organs as yet but if and when I do I shall let you know. Just as a matter of interest, do you supply a catalogue so that we can choose our own future organs?

All my internal organs are in excellent condition, since the age of 18 I've subjected them to a weekly soaking in alchohol in an effort to preserve them. I've yet to itemise and catalogue them though.

All my internal organs are in excellent condition, since the age of 18 I've subjected them to a weekly soaking in alchohol in an effort to preserve them. I've yet to itemise and catalogue them though.

hmmmm.....you have inspected your internal organs in order to ascertain that they are in perfect condition?

However should you, or your relatives need an organ, would you be quick enough to expect to have someone elses?

Thats one of the reasons all my organs can go when I die. I wont need them, and should I or a relative ever need it, I'd want there to be available organs.

So I think, if you arent on the doner register you shouldnt get any organs should you need it yourself

Thank you for informing me of what I think and what I would do in a particular situation. The comment was of course expected. Some people are so full of their own self rightousness can't help telling others what to think and in fact what they think.

The arguement is not about the rights and wrongs of organ donation, but about compulsory post mortem mutilation. There has been such an outporing of crap on this post that I felt some people might be intimidated into thinking that there is only one way to go, that it is wrong to have a contrary opinion - it is not.

So is that clear, I do not want to donate my organs, nor do I want to receive yours. If that is an opinion that you can't handle, then tough.

hmmmm.....you have inspected your internal organs in order to ascertain that they are in perfect condition?

Daily vivisection, I thoroughly reccomend it.