Wedding dresses - all dress talk here!

I wish Id had the bottle to go Gothic for my wedding, but I think my gran wouldve had a heart attack!!! :hihi::hihi: That black and white dress is gorgeous.

My dress is by Hollywood dreams.My bridesmaid is in black.

I wish Id had the bottle to go Gothic for my wedding, but I think my gran wouldve had a heart attack!!! :hihi::hihi: That black and white dress is gorgeous.
If you really want to do it, you can ;)

Whenever I tell anybody I got married in leather they always picture some bikerchick monstrosity, but when they see the photos....

just do Gothic subtly :)

Well do you mean Goth or Gothic? Modern Goth or historical Gothic? - either can be done tastefully ;)

Is there a link somewhere to your dress Honey? - gotta see this moulin rouge theme :D (I'm too short to do meringue dresses, but did consider short front and trailing tail to show off the boots)

You'll find a link to my dress in the wedding dress thread (I think)

Well do you mean Goth or Gothic? Modern Goth or historical Gothic? - either can be done tastefully ;)

Is there a link somewhere to your dress Honey? - gotta see this moulin rouge theme :D (I'm too short to do meringue dresses, but did consider short front and trailing tail to show off the boots)

You'll find a link to my dress in the wedding dress thread (I think)

I personally like historical gothic, I love all the romance of it, rather than some of the (apologies) rather depressing stuff around!

I've seen the pics now, for some reason I couldnt get them to work before! I'm after a pair of boots to wear with my dress, but can't seem to find any! I want some low heeled dark red satin boots. I wish I could find a pic of my dress, but its not designer so I'm not sure where to look.

if you can find boots the right shape, it is possible to have them dyed the right colour

one of my bridesmaids ignored the fact we'd agreed on black footwear and had her's dyed to match her deep red skirt, and although the skirt was made of that two-tone fabric so it shimmered between deep red and black, they were a very good match!

If you're not confident in taking that route, get in touch with my dress designer (Linda at Beretun Design) and talk shoes/boots with her. She has a samples book of fabrics and leathers she can order an assortment of styles from - but mine were something of an experiment and the first of their kind (though I think I've seen them on her website since in black)

PS - if you were to do the full gothic, I'd have to gatecrash :D

Ok I've been looking for a pic of my dress online with no luck :( so I've looked at the details I have and its known as a 'scarlett o hara' style dress (apparently commonly known as the 'hussy dress' :o:hihi:)

Looking at pics from the film it is very similar to the red birthday party dress, similar colour, tight sequinned bodice with off shoulder straps and a HUGE skirt and long train with a marabou trim at the bottom

I've been looking at dying some, but the price of some of them! I cant afford £100+ for a pair of shoes! Plus its hard to find them low enough to be comfy, without looking grannified! I like the victorian button up type with a little heel, but a 2nd hand pair just went on ebay for nearly £40! :o
So what sort of height are you looking for?

If your wedding is far enough away, you can get a pair of higher heeled boots/shoes now and start getting used to them!

It's worth trawling the internet for a while and waiting for the right pair of boots to crop up - for some reason boots seem to find themselves in the sale at odd times :?

Btw - if you saw second hand ones go for that price, is it worth buying what you want and selling them afterwards? ;)

So what sort of height are you looking for?

If your wedding is far enough away, you can get a pair of higher heeled boots/shoes now and start getting used to them!

It's worth trawling the internet for a while and waiting for the right pair of boots to crop up - for some reason boots seem to find themselves in the sale at odd times :?

Btw - if you saw second hand ones go for that price, is it worth buying what you want and selling them afterwards? ;)

I just found a new pair on ebay, the exact ones I want for 7.99! :o only prob is they are silk rather than satin - i THINK silk can be dyed cant it?! :hihi: