Wedding dresses - all dress talk here!

Sorry cherriepie, I didn't mean to be overly negative. I just really meant that you should prepare for alterations to be needed.

My cousin bought a dress from China online and although the dress was beautiful and there was nothing wrong with the quality, so did have to pay £100+ for alterations as the sizing was all wrong.

As long as you factor that possible cost in, and read the seller's reviews, you'll probably be OK.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

After deciding to buy off internet saw a couple of dresses in a style etc for our wedding i thought i would just go and do trying on session at a bridel shop where i found my dress of my dreams and i have bought it. I even managed to get discount. I used berktex who have been around for many years the ladies were not pushy and were wonderful.x

---------- Post added 12-03-2014 at 06:10 ----------

I also had gitters buying off internet for my dress.x

It's cool don't worry OopNorth, I've got my head screwed on lol

Bought my dress off ebay from china and its beautiful x

After looking at hundreds of wedding dress in shops and online, I decided to give ebay a go. The first one I saw on there I fell in love with it and could not find one anywhere like it in a shop and it's from China too. Not got it yet though.

Anyone know where to by inbal dror, not Morgan Davis though as London too far, thank you

I've finally received my dress from China and it's gorgeous! Just got to take it up a little:)

HI everyone :)

Just wondering if anyone has bought a dress from blushes on london road and what price range the dresses were?

thanks!

jen

advise needed, can anyone recommend wedding dress supplier in Sheffield, that are not pushy, helpful, I'm on a budget too. please any recommendations would be grateful, also photographer thanks

New York Bride at Eckington....

I cant recemmend them enough...

Check out their website, just google the name. :)

Can anyone recommend a local dressmaker for a relatively simple wedding dress for yours truly and an angelic Bridesmaid please? Nothing too fancy really.

I've had a nosey at some of the other threads on here but not sure if the names/numbers are out of date.

Thanks in advance! x

Can anyone recommend a local dressmaker for a relatively simple wedding dress for yours truly and an angelic Bridesmaid please? Nothing too fancy really.

I've had a nosey at some of the other threads on here but not sure if the names/numbers are out of date.

Thanks in advance! x

Have you looked at the wedding dresses and evening gowns in Debenhams? These are fairly simple.

http://www.debenhams.com/women/dresses/wedding-dresses

http://www.debenhams.com/women/dresses/bridesmaid-dresses

http://www.debenhams.com/kids/occasionwear/flower-girl-bridesmaid

http://www.debenhams.com/women/occasion-evening-wear/dresses