Wedding dresses - all dress talk here!

which shops were they? send me a pm if you dont want to say on here :)

I don't want to put you or anyone else off as I've seen wonderful comments about both shops on here and other places online.

However, I'm intrigued to know if anyone's had a similar experience, because my experience was such a contradiction to other reviews.

So when you've made start and visited a few, or if anyone else has been and done the shops in Sheffield, let me know via PM and we'll have a chat!

i bought my dress today from blushes. i totally fell in love with it straight away. the service we received was amazing, very personal and nothing was to much. zoe was amazing, she knew i was worried before i arrived and had a glass of wine waiting for me & my mum when i arrived.

i would also recommend the white room on norfolk row for excellent 1 2 1 service and there dresses were beautiful. i found 2 dresses i loved there but sadly both way over my budget.

i would also recommend emily bridal for lovely dresses and service.

Just wanted to share a recommendation: I have found my perfect dress at New York Bride in Eckington - beautiful shop with stunning designer dresses, none over £500. A cut above most bridal outlets! I visited it just after coming back from a place further 'up North' which was an uninspiring unit in the middle of nowhere with more expensive dresses many of which were quite grubby too :( I have to give credit to the lady who worked there as she was lovely, but for many reasons not a perfect experience!

What set New York Bride apart for me was the lovely interior - makes the experience of trying on dresses the special and glamorous occasion you expect it to be; the helpful and attentive owner, Victoria, who provides an excellent service and plenty of advice should you need it; the fabulous dresses - in a good range of sizes: I am a dress size 12-14 so had plenty to try on in both sizes and every style possible; all dresses are brand new and look it (usually surplus stock/end of lines/some samples as far as I know); opportunity to spread cost over 3 payments; and a brilliant location on the main street in Eckington with a coffee shop a few doors down serving delicious cake for that pre/post shopping cuppa!

If anyone needs any advice or tips or dress shopping PMs are welcome :)

I am so happy with my dress and can't wait to wear it :) I have found it on the designer's site and it was great to see it on there as well! Especially knowing I only paid £500 for a genuine dress from a top designer.

Oh and also, you can take lots of photos if you wish! As most brides will know majority of shops do not allow this - bonus!

She makes the most beautiful wedding dresses i new straight away that i wanted one, her website its . I spent ages on it before i was engaged to. getting the ring was only a small detail!!!

I'm having a midsummer nights dream theme thanks to the dress, marquee bbq in the country. I can't wait, really should do less talking more doing. lol

it is not strange I have opted to post in old thread, I am getting married next month and looking to get some nice wedding outfit suggestions.:hihi::hihi:. If you have good choice in deign and style please share it

Edited by CaryMassey

I get to see lots of dresses by a whole variety of makers. One of the best dress shops I know of is "Tickled Pink" at Hatfield in Doncaster.

Best wishes

Iv just bought mine from new york bride and can second what topdog said. Victoria is brilliant lovely shop and so much choice!!

Mine was £500 but £1800 direct from the designer happy days for me

Hi has anyone bought off ebay or any other internet based company. If so could you reccommend sellers on ebay. I am on a budget and have seen lovely dresses on there but a bit scared some are chinease based, the other is light in a box.

Hi, I don't know if anyone is interested but I'm selling a stunning ex sample wedding gown, I can't put the picture on here but you can google pictures, it's Essence of Australia D1032 in size 10, it retails at £1400 and I'm selling for £500, please contact me if interested. Helen x

After reading what brides are paying for their dresses and horror stories of bridal shops closing down I've decided to buy mine from abroad from Ebay. I will only be wearing it once anyway and can't see the point of going to a lot of expense for a dress that wont be worn again :)

I'm one of those who has had the horror of my bridal store closing down cherriepie, but I've also heard a fair few eBay horror stories as well. Dresses not looking anything like the photos, the sizes being completely off etc.