'I Am Legend' What does everyone think?

And it was actually a novel at first.

Has anyone else seen I am Legend yet?

I have seen it, thought it was a good film, but very much like 28 days/weeks later, as already mentioned.

I saw it last night, haven't seen 28 days/ weeks later so can't really compare. I like it mainly because at the end he doesn't live. I think a lot of people in the cinema when I watched it wanted a typical Will Smith film like Independence Day or I Robot, where he would be the hero at the end.

I liked the relationship he had with his dog, Sam and thought the bit in which he died was really sad.

I like it mainly because at the end he doesn't live.

Oh, thanks for that.

Oh, thanks for that.

Sorry the OP warned about spoilers below possibly, sorry again.

And it was actually a novel at first.

Has anyone else seen I am Legend yet?

I went to see it last night.

Absolutely loved it, brilliant film!

It was about vampires wasn`t it?:suspect:

How come there were no mutant lions and deer? And how did the lady and kid know when it was safe to come out of the basement - did they have an alarm like Will Smith?

If you liked it and haven't seen 28 days later then that's definitely worth watching.

I've not seen 28 weeks later, but it got a slating.

If you liked it and haven't seen 28 days later then that's definitely worth watching.

I've not seen 28 weeks later, but it got a slating.

I thought 28 days and 28 weeks (why I watched the second one I don't know) were both rubbish, they were like something the BBC would make for a Sunday evening drama.

Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers - below

Just incase anyone doesn't know, Bruce Willis is a ghost. :hihi:

Ok I've been to see this this afternoon and I thought it was excellent. It's made me bawl for many reasons -

*When he puts Sam to sleep rather than seeing her suffer.

*That he comes so close but yet so far.

*The routine in his day, talking to the dummy, watching shrek, the fact that he'd tried to keep many things normal.

*That he let the lions live as they were a family, obviously reminding him of his own family.

*That he never gave up.

Don't read up if you don't want spoilers.

For me, the best film I've seen this year... and yes it's still 2007.

I loved the book when I first read it years ago and was hoping this would be a better adaptation than the over-rated Omega Man (which bore no resemblance to the novel). I Am Legend suffers once more by lack of similarity to the book (although at least this time the infected are vampiric nightdwellers), but works as a film in its own right.

Will Smith holds the story together well, which is quite a feat when you are really the only actor in the majority of a film. The pacing was just right - low on action, high on character study of a man trying to desperately keep himself sane. I loved the falshbacks to show what happened to his family - filled with emotional charge.

Still not sure why they chose to buy the license to I Am Legend though when they were not really going to follow the book (for those who want to know what I am on about....BOOK SPOILER ALERT...... In the book, as well as the vampiric dead, there are 'still living' characters, who are infected people who retain humanity but suffer the physical drawbacks of the nightdwellers - sleep during day, cannot enter daylight, etc. Problem is the 'hero' of the story doesn't care about them and spends his days hunting and killing all nightdwellers - thus the story flips the sentiment around, making you realise that he has become a monster to the new race of night-dwelling humans.....he is Legend to them as monsters are to us.)

Anyway.....great film in its own right, and well worth anyone's pennies!