'I Am Legend' What does everyone think?

oh, had to add, love the Bob Marley connection. By the way, is that Will Smith's daughter who played the girl in the film? I noticed on the credits the name 'Willow Smith'.

Yep, she's his daughter. :)

I went to see 'I Am Legend' a couple of weeks back and came out of the cinema wondering what all the fuss was about. I prefer the book!! What does everyone else think?

If you read up on this you will see that the boats were swapped in the shipyard when titantic being built and olympic being repaired. ships swapped cos olympic not able to be insured due to lots of accidents and stuff that happened to the ship. read up on it. titantic actually went on to sail another day.

I can't believe NO-ONE apart from Plain-talker has picked up on this!

Care to provide us with some links to back up this quite astounding statement? (Wikipedia entries no longer count as a source!)

(One quick Google later:

Were Olympic and Titanic swapped as a part of an insurance fraud?

This was an "artificial controversy" invented a few years back when it was suggested that the Olympic, too heavily damaged in a collision to be fixed, was sent back to the builder’s yard and her identity swapped with the Titanic, which was then under construction. The "theory" then goes on to state that the "Titanic" (in reality the damaged Olympic) was deliberately rammed into the iceberg as part of a massive insurance fraud, although the loss of life was a "genuine" accident since the White Star Liner Baltic was supposed to be in position nearby to effect an heroic rescue. The "theory" is completely disproved by well-documented physical differences between Olympic and Titanic. In addition, no artifact that was part of the Ship’s hull or outfit has any other identification other than the Titanic’s hull number – 401. Likewise, over the years, hundreds of items have been sold at auction from the Olympic, which was broken up in 1935 for scrap. No artifacts from Olympic have ever been marked with any other identification other than her hull number – 400.

http://www.rmstitanic.net/index.php4?page=faq )

Alot of hype to it, decent film.

as anyone seen i am omega same film different interpretation of omega man being the original

I enjoyed it, thought Will Smith did a great job, got all choked up about the dog dying, but then hated it from the second the woman showed up. As someone else said, they spent ages building the whole thing up and then someone got bored and said, okay, lets finish this and get on with something else. They rushed the end and spoiled it completely.

Why was it called I am Legend? Is it the book title? :huh:

Yes, it's based on the book "I am legend," by Richard Matheson. One of my favourites.

http://www.amazon.com/I-Am-Legend-Richard-Matheson/dp/031286504X

the Olympic (or at least the sister ship - there were three- Titanic, Olympic and Brittanic iirc-that bore the name Olympic )did sink, a few years later, in the Mediterranean, whilst being used as a hospital ship in WW1

Olypic was the class of ship and was the first, titanic was the largest of the 3 olympic class vesals

Titanic hit the iceburgh Obviously

Britainic was used as a medical supplies and floating hospital - Until it was sunk.

Olympic belted the HMS Hawke then was used as a troop transport (even though white star wanted her mothballed untill after the war) Origionally painted white then durig the war got her dazzle paint...

Its pretty cool how most of the Pictures of the Titanic are actually of the Britainic which did make it to New York and there is a picture of the Titanic (a famous one) that has the New York background..

Also look at lusitainia and Mauritainia. kinda like the whole titanic conspiracy infact have named all my computers after the ships from this era and my server is called Titan after the book (i think by Orson Wells) that was written 8 years before the disaster

ok thats cleared up

The I am Legend film was about vampyres and was directly refferenced by Will Smith at the begining of the film, Yes apparantly if you become a Vamp you get super powers, cant understand why they didnt eat the bunnies and other fury things as you would do in any suvival situation (eat what you can)...

The ending was not to my taste although better than most hollywood happy endings..

Omega man with Charlten Heston (apparantly a 70's star unsure was born in the 80's) and the book where all set around a single room and made much better but then books are always better and have the best CGI ever (the one of the mind) proof that books are better read the Jason Bourne books