Lots of Police at house on Cobden View Road

im not saying most at all, thats the inference your drawing because your trying to negate what im saying.

on top of that smoking cannabis is often the gateway to people using other drugs. Please dont tell me this is rubbish, i deal with people substance misusers on a regular basis that are on 120 a day heroin habits, that started by smoking "harmless" spliffs.

The popular gateway theory was based on this exact logic and has been thoroughly discredited because the logic is totally flawed.

Have those heroin addicts ever eaten chocolate? They have? So chocolate must lead to heroin addiction. Right?

funny that, because i've dealt with lots of substance misusers that have told me personally that they strarted off on cannabis. please explain to me why they would say this?

i dont really think snack foods can be used in a similar context! and i think you know that...

funny that, because i've dealt with lots of substance misusers that have told me personally that they strarted off on cannabis. please explain to me why they would say this?

No - you explain to me. I would assume cannabis was the first illegal thing they tried. So you'd probably agree with proper regulation to bring cannabis within the law as per the Dutch model?

i dont really think snack foods can be used in a similar context! and i think you know that...

Why? Exact same logic. Chocolate contains caffeine and eaten in large quantities can be bad for the health. Plus it can be rather addictive.

i asked you to explain to me, because i have witnessed first hand and been told of the experiences of substance misusers.

no i wouldnt agree with regulation of cannabis, there are huge drug problems in amsterdam, despite the popular myth that legalising cannabis has not created any problem.

trying cannabis, enjoying the feeling and then wanting to experience other drugs as a result is nothing like eating a chocolate.

I've worked on a few of these properties after the 'bust' and I can tell you the Viet's rip the place apart. They broke into the electricity cables before it enters the meter using professional connectors, therefore any power used is not metered. They then install 3 or 4 consumer units throughout the house with the correct meter tail cable. For the lighting they install banks of sockets each separately wired to an MCB. Each bank of sockets has its own timer. All the windows are blacked out and sealed ( I have seen where they built a false wall across the inside of a bay window and fitted a small light to make it look natural from the outside) They knock holes in the ceilings and cut floorboards, sometimes knock bricks out of the chimney breasts, so that large ducting can be run to the attic/roof-space to try and minimise the smell, sealing any gaps with expanding foam. The bath is used to mix liquid fertilizer. The fruits of their labour is carried away in those large checkered laundry bags. Every one I've seen has had exactly the same set up.

We know that the number of people who use heroin in a tiny tiny fraction of those who have tried cannabis. We've pointed out the flawed logic in trying to claim a progressive link between two things. I've suggested that claims of "started on cannabis" must mean "first illegal thing I tried" because otherwise they'd say alcohol or glue or something.

For your argument to be consistent, you'll be wanting alcohol banned as well? Complete prohibition of anything that may alter mood or feeling?

If not, please explain your reasoning for distinguishing between the two.

if alcohol were banned i wouldnt have any issue with it. i personaly can live without having to drink. 80% of violent crime committed is connected to alcohol.

Okie dokie, I can see where you're coming from. I cannot agree with you because prohibition does not work. The UK has something like the highest rate of heroin addiction in the world so time for some progressive policies rather than keeping heads in sand I think.

If you get a moment, take a look at the Transform Drug Policy Foundation website. It's full of interesting information. I just learnt that the latest British Crime Survey shows that cannabis use is now at its lowest since they started keeping stats.

Anyway, we've derailed this thread enough - back to juicy gossip on these large scale growing operations!

as i said every case differs and thats my little bit of info on the cases ive known.

A question for you all... do you reckon people would be more reluctant to grow if there was a custodial sentence every time for cultivation, even 1 plant?

im neutral on the subject but its obviously a hot topic...

Well of course people would be more reluctant to grow if they thought they would be sent to prison for cultivating one plant. They would rather buy off a dealer. That supports a whole chain of criminality and some parts of that chain would be very unsavoury.

Where is the harm in growing one plant? Who is the victim in the crime of growing one plant?

I believe we should be allowed to grow a small amount for our own use.