Lots of Police at house on Cobden View Road

I agree they should be deported straight away, why do we have to pay our taxes to support them in jail, as you say we have enough of our own without every other countries:mad:

They won't go to jail, don't worry.

well if it does go to court i hope the people in the house are deported rather than take up a place in our jails. get the foreign criminals back their own country, we have our own neer do wells in the prions we don't want foreign criminals abusing hospitality.

(waits for the reply of the bleeding heart liberals on the forum)

What happens is that the poor schmuck left house-sitting (usually to work off his or her passage to the UK) is told to say he is 17 (and nothing else), unless he has a receding hairline or is visibly grey. He will then be detained in a youth facility, from which he will inevitably abscond.

In Canada, where they have had a similar problem, the solution has been to turn the matter over to the fire department. Unusual electrical consumption patterns are detected and a notice is sent to the householder that the electricity company and a fire safety officer want to inspect the electrics for safety reasons. Of course the growers usually bail out immediately and the officers will turn up and find the house recently vacated and in need of a refit.

No warrants, surveillance or anything else required. It makes it very expensive for factory growers to turn a profit if their crops keep getting uprooted mid grow; and it makes the authorities quick to respond and less encumbered by red tape.

Admittedly there are few, if any, collars. But the canadians are driving the factory growers out of business by pouncing on the factories pre-harvest.

In the UK around 75% of the homegrown cannabis crop is now produced by these Vietnamese run factories and the size of the annual harvest is growing, but there has not been a corresponding rise in the incidence of use, leading to the suspicion (unconfirmed) that the UK is a net exporter of herbal cannabis.

I often walk past the house and it always stinks of weed. I walked past today at about 1pm and there were loads of plant pots stacked up outside the house...must have been about 30 of them with the leaves stripped off. There was also a skip full of silver tubes, insulation I presume. They were gone when I walked back down again at 2.15pm and the police officers were just clearing up.

It must be incredibly easy for the police to catch these people. All they have to look out for are Vietnamese people who live in a big house with high power consumption. They will also be buying huge amounts of equipment at the local hydroponics emporium and their house will stick out like a sore thumb on the police helicopter thermal imaging camera.

It's surprising that any of the crops make it to harvest.

You'd have thought so but You line the room/area with a reflective paper similar to kitchen foil but thicker of course. This reflects the heat and stops any great heat source being seen.

So im told..

If Britain wasnt so stuck in the past with its out dated laws and brought in some realistic laws ie two plants per household then most of these big time factories and dealers would be shut down as there would be no market anymore.

Indoor hydroponic growing is a multimillion pound business and no matter how many of these farms they shut down they are not going to stop it.

If everyone who was growing cannabis large or small scale owned upto it and signed this thread it would go on for pages and pages you couldnt begin to imagine how big and widespread it is.

I can't see why we shouldn't be allowed to grow cannabis for our own use, just a few plants. It's allowed in Holland which continues to thrive as a country.

because it's illegal here, it is closely linked to premature psychological disorders as well as stroke and heart problems.

because it's illegal here, it is closely linked to premature psychological disorders as well as stroke and heart problems.

by 'closely' i presume you mean 'somewhat vaguely'

i've known of a few peeps with growing rooms, there are all sorts of sophisticated items that can be used to stop the light and heat from them being picked up by any thermal imaging equipment, as for the high consumption of electricity, not sure about tapping into the street lighting - not known anyone do that but they do have their electric meter rigged so that it hardly goes round, once the leccy board send notice that they want to check it out, they un-rig the meter and tidy up till leccy company has gone. as for prosecutions, i've known only cautions given out unless caught with huge buds ready for harvest or in the process of harvesting, even then the sentence is usually cso - some cases differ obviously, if it can be proved that there was intent to supply then the sentence is different,,, i'll stop waffling now:hihi:

by 'closely' i presume you mean 'somewhat vaguely'

no i mean medical studies have shown close links to the afore mentioned illnesses. on top of that smoking cannabis is often the gateway to people using other drugs. Please dont tell me this is rubbish, i deal with people substance misusers on a regular basis that are on 120 a day heroin habits, that started by smoking "harmless" spliffs.

i've known of a few peeps with growing rooms, there are all sorts of sophisticated items that can be used to stop the light and heat from them being picked up by any thermal imaging equipment, as for the high consumption of electricity, not sure about tapping into the street lighting - not known anyone do that but they do have their electric meter rigged so that it hardly goes round, once the leccy board send notice that they want to check it out, they un-rig the meter and tidy up till leccy company has gone. as for prosecutions, i've known only cautions given out unless caught with huge buds ready for harvest or in the process of harvesting, even then the sentence is usually cso - some cases differ obviously, if it can be proved that there was intent to supply then the sentence is different,,, i'll stop waffling now:hihi:

i've known people go to prison for cultivation:). great news!

as i said every case differs and thats my little bit of info on the cases ive known.

A question for you all... do you reckon people would be more reluctant to grow if there was a custodial sentence every time for cultivation, even 1 plant?

im neutral on the subject but its obviously a hot topic...