The Great Big UGC & Cinema Thread

Andy you're a sad git...

Reise Reise

hehe lol

Do you know which company is supplying these projectors?

Originally posted by HottyMcBuff

I have a UGC card. £10 a month for unlimited cinema. Very good thing. 20 screens. Very good thing. Just a shame the cinema sucks monkey butt.

-Sound. At least 70% of the time there is a glitch with the sound making it come from just 1 side or sounding underwater.

-Screen (projection?). Why have about 10 adverts with subtitles when the projection is set so that the subtitles are too low to read.

-Food. Overcharging of a captive market sucks.

-Those new revolving doors. Possibly more dangerous than trying to perform open heart surgery on yourself. With just a spoon. Blindfolded. Using just your feet.

-Toilets. Smell really bad all the time. Like a dead baboon covered in cat p**s.

Front of house staff all seem ok. The above issues all seem to be technical and 'rear of house' issues. Do they employ said baboons to run the behind the scenes bits of the cinema and then leave them to rot in the toilet after dying of malnutrition due to the high cost of food?

Thanks for raising these fantastic points.

I would like to reply to each one of them:

Sound: As with any technical equipment (tv's, amps, stereo's, dvd's etc) sometimes problems do crop up and these are always unavoidable as nothing in life is guaranteed to be perfect. We always aim to fix any probs as soon as we are aware of them and we hope our customers understand this.

Projection: Again like sound the same rules apply here, problems do occur and we always aim to solve them straight away so as to have little disruption to the film. But unfortunately adverts and trailers are filmed in varying formats/ratios which cause them to be all over the screen. Again WE have no control over this unless you want a projectionist to be at every screen for every advert/trailer. And as you already know we have 20 screens so this is an impossibility. Plus most 99% of our customers do not care about the ads/trailers as they are there to watch the main feature not adverts. If once the main feature begins there is still a problem with the presentation we will sort it out as soon as we are aware of it.

Food: Distributors of films generally charge 75%+ of the ticket price for the first 2 weeks of a films run, this then drops depending on how long a film is kept. This is why concessions are our main revenue (and compared to our competitors we are cheap) Vue £1.05 pick n mix, UGC 95p. Also you don't have to buy anything do you? Captive markets only apply to desert isalnds my friend as the customer would have no option but to spend. We have no problems with people bringing in their own food items as long as it's not hot food (it stinks out the screens)

Revolving Doors: Are you a moron? Can you not navigate a set of revolving doors, or do you stand there mouth agape wondering how you get to the other side of the magical seethrough forcefield.

Toilets: Unfortunately we do have thousands of people through our doors (today we had 5000 people in the cinema before 5pm) and these people do need to use the toilets once inside. Urine does smell and again we do our best to combat this. May I suggest you stop smelling dead baboons that are covered in cat **** and stop ******* on the floor of our toilets! Toilets smell, get over it.

We do have a regular customer who comes in and seems to enjoy picking fault with everything in the cinema, and doesn't seem to be happy until he has called our projection team incompitent.

But he still comes to OUR cinema so it can't be that bad can it.

thanks for all your help. i feel duly defeated and take back everything i said. i am a moron. the reason i find the doors so difficult is because i hang my head in shame as i enter for my unjust comments. please don't hate me. i'm a nice guy. it was good of you cinemanager, to open your mind to me and set me straight with your genial knowledge on the subject. god bless you cinemanager. And god bless UGC.

PS, can you do something about the soundproofing between screens please. It sucks.

again with the digs.

It isn't the soundproofing, it's when customers leave the doors open when they go to the smelly toilets.

This causes the sound to pass from one screen to another.

You have been duly told ;)

Jeez, looks like the 'UGC gang' are really out to get me. And their trying to rile the 'Odeon gang', for having their conveniant drug taking toilets. Its like west side story. with cinemas. lets just all agree to disagree before it gets out of hand and someone decides to try cineworld. come on guys... chill.

Originally posted by HottyMcBuff

Jeez, looks like the 'UGC gang' are really out to get me. And their trying to rile the 'Odeon gang', for having their conveniant drug taking toilets. Its like west side story. with cinemas. lets just all agree to disagree before it gets out of hand and someone decides to try cineworld. come on guys... chill.

Yeh

UGC v's Odeon

Megamatch :D

Hardly a fair match is it?! :hihi:

What do you mean before somebody tries Cineworld?.... UGC IS Cineworld :D

Oh and what are we agreeing to disagree about Hotty?

Mr McBuff, what i dont think you and any other knockers of the UGC see is that we are extremely proud to work in the largest UGC in the country. We are continually in the top 6 list of UK cinemas, and the team that work there are the hardest working bunch of blue shirt wearing monkeys you will find anywhere.

'All pile on' is their moto.

We want you 'our discerning customers' to have the best cinema experience you can have, and yes sometimes we are that crammed that you have to queue, or the foyer will be dirty. This is purely because we are growing our market share year on year (the only UGC to do so). This is bucking the market trend and it's down to damn hard work.

Even though we have no serious competition (after we shut UCI down) we still operate as though we have another 20 screen cinema next door to us and we have to fight to retain every customer. This is why we are the best.

:)

Originally posted by cinemanager

the hardest working bunch of blue shirt wearing monkeys you will find anywhere.

thanks boss :rolleyes: