Party Venue, Room Hire, Megathread....

I tried to call Classic Rock Bar but there was no answer.

What's the situation on music playing there? Also are kids allowed? Is it available on Saturday 5th March?

well if yer bird dumps ya for being so cheap wi her big day, gimme a call ,, i'm available ;)

The Ridgway arms has a function room which is really nice, not sure of hire costs though?

Hi

We are getting married abroad in August and want to hire a function room for our return on August the 20th.

We would like somewhere quite "cool". Not some dingey hole or place where your Aunty would do the conga on the dance floor! But it also needs to be reasonably priced and around central Sheff or S10/11 type area.

I can't find anywhere that fits the bill!

Please help I am desperate!

Thanks!!!!!!!

Hi

I am looking to hire a function room in August for 50-80 guests. (We are getting married abroad with family there and want a reception for friends when we get back). - so not somewhere dingey or where you would take your gran. At the same time it can't be too pricey.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

(I tried to post this yesterday but I don't think it worked, if its duplicated sorry!)

What area of Sheffield are you looking to hold your function? The Ridgeway Arms has a function room upstairs which I have attended a wedding reception at, it was very nice.

There's also Spanky's which is a function room in Beighton/Sothall which is joined to a snooker club so depends on what your particularly looking for. It holds quite a large number of people, has it's own bar and a dance floor too.

Hi

Thanks for replying & your suggestions!

Ideally Sheffield 10/11 or the city centre to make it easy for everyone to get to.

There doesn't seem to be a great deal around!

Thanks again!!

I'm not sure that this would be exactly what you're looking for, but I had a party at Green's Gym (just off Ecclesall Road) for my 30th. You can hire the bar out and they clear an area for a dance floor. If you are a member, room hire is free, if you're not a member, room hire is £50 but the DJ is free if you have over 50 guests.

The food was fab and the staff were brilliant. My birthday was in July so they also opened the doors to some outside seating.

Thank you, my Mum is a member there so I will pop down and have a look.

Are last orders 11 or can you get an extension?

Thanks again!!!!

Yep, you can get a bar extension, but only until 12 midnight as it's classed as a residential area. You have to put your request in writing and give them 3 copies and then they apply for the extension to the council for you.

I would really recommend them. My party had a hawaiian theme and they were having a caribbean night the week after and had bought some decorations which they offered to put up for my party.

Thanks.

A friend & I went down yesterday to have a look at it. (How neurotic is that? - I just want to get something sorted! I am driving my other half mad). Anyway it does look good thank you so much for recommending it. I have provisionally booked us in, and will confirm once we have both seen it.

I just wondered: (I hope you don't mind me asking all these questions)

- Did it bother you with the reception not being split off. (It looked a bit open and they said they couldn't shut the lights down in the reception til 9).

- Can you get the main are (bar/dance floor bit) quite dark, it looked a bit bright.

- How many people did you invite? We are probably looking at 70/80. Do you think that is too many or few?

- Did you use their disco? Was it good?

- Any recommendations on the food etc?

I didn't think of having a theme. thats a good idea. Although with us getting married in Cyprus I don't really fancy greek theme.

I did speak to one of the managers there and he seemed really helpful & nice.

Anyway, thanks again & sorry for all the questions!