Party Venue, Room Hire, Megathread....

Guest rosie

:cry:

Does anyone know of a good sized room that we can hire and prepare our own buffett for our sons wedding.

Tried loads of places but all do their own food and its costs a fortune.

You could try St Phillip's Club on Radford Street, just off Upper Allen Street. I hired it last week for a quiz night / fund raiser and we supplied our own food. There were about 80 of us and it was about 1/3 full. There's a dance floor, disco lights and everything you might need.

Opposite a tram stop and with loads of parking.

Very reasonable rates but you need to ring on Sheffield 2722678 to get a price.

:D

I am also looking for a room for a fundraiser.

I have just rung Don Valley Stadium as they have a room that holds 250 with a bar. It costs £30 and you can bring you own food and DJ if needed or they can arrange for you.

The other one I know is Brincliffe Oaks room holds 175 and they charge £50 with no food but if you want food you do have to take their food.

Anymore ideas as I am looking

any big church halls anywhere?

Try Stars on Queens Road, they have two different rooms the largest of which cost me about £200 (last year) including the DJ and you can provide your own food. Contact the Ice Rink for up to date details.

Try Ridgeway Sports & Social club. Lovely room with dance floor,kitchen so that you can do your own catering and a lovely little bar area.

Try the office at upperthorpe they have a nice function room.

Yeah, The Office is good, we had the place for Mum's 50th, not THAT many years ago...

Good place, cheap enough at the bar, and good entertainment.

Erm, not wishing to state the obvious, but how about the Classic Rock Bar? Room 2 holds up to 70 people. Room 1 is bigger. DJ can be provided as can food, or you can bring your own.

ROOM HIRE WILL BE FREE - just drink loads at the bar!

i have a room with dj for £120, city centre pub and the room is a decent size could comfotably hold around a 100 people...

[email protected]

any suggestions for room for rent for party ? Just a room, no food, no horrible discos so people can't talk.

I am leap year baby and will be 10 leap years old next year. ( 40 to the rest of you !)

I would like to invite friends and family, and a pub room wouldn't be suitable as they freak out about under 18s.

I'd like enough space to play some party games.

any ideas appreciated !

TIA

-

Katya

Congratulations :D

Have you tried searching the forums? This question about rooms for hire has been raised a few times in the past. I did a quick search for "function room" and found around 4 different topics.

The search feature can be accessed from the menu to the left of your screen.

Good luck

:)

probably put this in the wrong place....i have a habbit of doing that...but anyway here goes.......i have a function room above my bar.....it as all the facillity's i.e toilets,bar etc and i'm looking for idea's of what to do with it...at the moment its used one night a week by a group that have a quiz night and during december i have quite a few bookings for xmas party's but after that it will be empty for most of the time....i see this as a waste as its a decent room and i'm sure i could use it to help pay for itself..anyone got any good idea's.thanks