Party Venue, Room Hire, Megathread....

Bar Matrix on Charter Row is available. We've had a few work parties in there. The food is nice and they will do some drinks offers as well :thumbsup:

The Office at Upperthorpe is free.

Decent size dance floor, free bar... You just have to provide your own food.

Free hire and free bar...sounds too good to be true ;)

hello everyone

does anyone recommend anywhere for a wedding party venue (not a hotel) that can cater for about 40-50 people with some good food and good music afterwards - Must not be cheesey!

preferably indie and dance music etc. somewhere with a bit a class if possible.

thanks in advance for any advice!

glen

Try Woodthorpe hall Farm. (01246) 472349. I went to a wedding there the other week. Sounds like just what you are looking for. Call and ask for Dick or Sue Shepley.

Similar threads merged.

Originally posted by odette

Hello

Any body got any ideas of where we can go for a nice meal for about 70 people and a good party, not necessarily the same place. The reception venue doesn't have to have catering, we can sort that out, but it'd be nice if there were pleasant grounds/gardens. Somewhere we can have a live band would be good too.

We're not looking for anything too formal, just fun, but other than stuffy hotels we've no idea where to begin looking.

All help gratefully received!

Can def. recommend Wortley Hall - we got married there a year ago and it was fantastic, very laid back, let you do as you want (we had a ceildah and a bouncy castle!) As the bride and groom you get your room free to stay in. The food is good too!

obviously the moderator didint read my post as the thread is no use to me (sorry to nitpick!)

Hi gswift

We can probably help you at the earl.

We've held receptions before and they've gone well.

We can do food or not - music or not - decorations or not - whatever you want.

Best to come see us so you can see what we can offer and we can see what you want, or you could call peta on 0773 292 5209.

Depends what you're looking for I guess but we have quite a large unique space, good soundsystem and an easy atmosphere - but we're not Wortly Hall posh!

S

Hi,

Our initial venue for my daughters christening has cancelled!!!

I am in desperate need of a venue/function room to host a small and certainly not rowdy party(!)...we were initially going to have it in a pub that doesn't usually open on Sundays...(in the afternoon)...but the pub has decided to open it's doors to the general public on the Sunday...which we didn't want - moreso as it is a christening - we didn't want loads of strangers and smoke wafting our way!

So to summarise...

WANTED IN SHEFFIELD

Sunday 2nd January between approx 2pm-6/7pm

Nice venue/function room - preferably with bar

Catering facilities would be nice (i.e somewhere to keep meat and potato pie warm!) and possibly cook mushy peas and gravy...

For about 50 people...who like a drink!

and closed to the general public!

If anyone can help/knows anywhere nice - please let me know...

MANY THANKS...

Nice bar Dirk Diggler - but maybe a little too posh for what I was looking for - looks more apt for a romantic night out for me and my other half!!!