Party Venue, Room Hire, Megathread....

in the sheffield 6 area you could try the old Gas club at Malin bridge they have an upstairs room that is on a par with the george iv room that you had or try the stannignton community cente in the grounds of the college opposite the old pinegrove.

other places you could try the farm road sports club near to the ice skates or the companions club at firvale.

was the venue providing you a DJ, as they also get booked up at that time of year, I do know a few of them if you need one

good luck finding a room.

Chris

0800 0350954

i am not sure, but someone tld me the gas club has been sold.

Have you tried one of the SWFC function rooms - they have really nice rooms -just shame about the place :D

Mat:cool:

Are you having a church wedding? Can you hire their hall? they usually have some kitchen facilities, but you should be able to provide your own buffet. Bar equipment can be hired, and you'll just need somebody to hold the licence for the bar.

I'm looking for somewhere in or near the city centre where we can hold a wedding reception on Fri 29 July. We just want somewhere nice and not too pricey because we're working on a very small budget! Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated. Thank you so very very very much. :-)

WHAT ABOUT THE RUTLAND HOTEL IN BROOMHILL I HAVE BEEN TO A FEW PARTY'S THERE AND ALSO BEEN FOR MEALS AS MY DAUGHTER WORKED THERE,WE HAVE NEVER HAD A BAD MEAL AND DID'NT THINK IT WAS ALL THAT EXPENCIVE NEITHER.

OR YOU COULD TRY THE PHILIDELPHIA CLUB AT UPPERTHORPE OR THE OFFICE NEXT DOOR.

if you don't mind leaving the city there is the rugby club at dinnington

or the Sports club at Abbeydale....

How about the Manchester Hotel on Nursery Street - there is a big upstairs room there.

You can hire a room at both Bar Matrix and Empire bar.

There is an upstairs room at the Old Queens Head, Grapes and Three Cranes.

Ski Village, but it's not in the city centre.

Brincliffe Oaks Hotel, Nether Edge have a nice function room, not expensive either.

Dempseys Bar at foot of the Moor? Is it still called that?

Well their upstairs roomwas free last time I used it and I've been to someone elses reception there, years ago, I admit.

Cheap n cheerful back then though rumour has it that its changed a lot since I last went.