Sheffield myths

Just out of interest, where are body bags stored? Alongside the strategic reserve?

John

Just out of interest, where are body bags stored? Alongside the strategic reserve?

John

Everybody knows the body bags are stored in large 'walnut-whip' boxes and have been recently moved to the stores in Primark (they are currently stored next to the ladys pink chenile cardigans size 14-16)

I have read this with interest, but what I'd like to know is why is Weeowen so set on making sure people don't believe the Meadowhall body bag rumour?

I'm not saying I believe it at all, but he seems quick to try and quash the rumour.. again and again and again lol

Maybe he doesn't suffer fools well? It is an annoyingly stupid rumour, afterall.

only sheffield myths i know of is this stupid council we get every year.......

no, the stupid council we have in charge of us, under slimy scriven, is, sadly, a fact.

A myth (or maybe not) Iv heard for many years is that there is an old nuclear fallout bunker on Ecclesfield Rd or as folk call it Wooly wood bottom,built inbetween the railway lines and the road.At this time of year with no leaves on the trees it is possible to see some vent shafts.I wondered if any Urban Exs could let us know if it were true or not.

There is a Native American rider from Buffalo Bill's wild west show buried at Wardsend

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I think that is a fact.

The body of the indian was sent on to Nottingham where the show had moved to and he was buried there. He was exhumed in quite recent years and re-buried in his homeland as required by their tradition.

Who was Sally Clark and where is Stone Lane? anywhere near Station Road???

I think this is the lady who was missing recently and was then found in the Ladybower reservoir.

I've done that too. :D

You rock Sibon....

(oops - just seen that I now seem to be post 314 LOL!)

Edited by madasfish

i didnt mean to cause any offence its just theres a myth around the woodhouse/hackenthorpe of a lady called sally clark who died back in the 1800s she is meant to haunt the stone lane and surrounding areas sorry for any offence caused purely accidental

i didnt mean to cause any offence its just theres a myth around the woodhouse/hackenthorpe of a lady called sally clark who died back in the 1800s she is meant to haunt the stone lane and surrounding areas sorry for any offence caused purely accidental

And I apologise too Bladeboy80 - I had "presumed" and was wrong - quite coincidental it seems.

Guest sibon
And I apologise too Bladeboy80 - I had "presumed" and was wrong - quite coincidental it seems.

I'll join in too. Sorry Bladeboy.