What are they building in the bus station

You're not from Leeds by any chance? :rolleyes:

Now that's the most insulting thing anybody's ever said to me!:o

No I'm not old bean. Sheffield born and bred!:love:

Unfortunately, that's the problem. Sheffield's trying to turn itself into L**ds!:gag: And I'm sure you wouldn't want that now would you?

Now that's the most insulting thing anybody's ever said to me!:o

Unfortunately, that's the problem. Sheffield's trying to turn itself into L**ds!:gag: And I'm sure you wouldn't want that now would you?

No we are just trying to turn or self in to a city that is once again able to compete with Leeds and the other big cities.

No we are just trying to turn or self in to a city that is once again able to compete with Leeds and the other big cities.

And obviously, indoing so, you end up just like them! But, in reality, just a pale imitation.:(

no i don`t believe so, nothing is really that special about Leeds especially, in fact i would say most of our city centre is better then theirs, and is different in so many ways, good ways.

Stop being so negative then and have something positive to say about our fair city. Its been in decline for so long. We should all now be embracing the regrowth.

Sheffield will never be like that West Yorkshire s***hole........there are nice people living here. :hihi:

It is interesting to read the list of organisations involved in the Digital Campus ..

http://www.sheffielddigitalcampus.com/delivery_partners/

Its pretty much the usual suspects playing with tax payers money. It would be interesting to know if they have any tenants lined up for it. Anyone want to guess if the building will be empty in 2 years time or they will have bitten the bullet and put a call centre in there :suspect:

no i don`t believe so, nothing is really that special about Leeds especially, in fact i would say most of our city centre is better then theirs, and is different in so many ways, good ways.

I totally agree.

Their city centre is as bad as it is because of the uncontrolled, crass developments that have happened during the last 10 to 15 years. L**ds had probably the finest Victorian city centre of any city in the UK but instead of building on that legacy they've gone for the quick buck and created lots of centralised wealth surrounded by a ring of inner city poverty.

It's almost like an English version of an Indian or South American city! Not my idea of progress.

Stop being so negative then and have something positive to say about our fair city. Its been in decline for so long. We should all now be embracing the regrowth.

Sheffield will never be like that West Yorkshire s***hole........there are nice people living here. :hihi:

Try reading some of my other posts by clicking on my username and you'll find plenty of positives as well as constructive critisism. There are plenty of world beating developments that have happened in Sheffield which just makes it all the more frustrating when these developments are surrounded by crap.

There are lots of wills and coulds in there Paulmat and, as I'm sure you know but are scared to admit, these schemes are reliant on the state of the national economy which will ultimately decide what gets built and what doesn't despite the positive spin put on Sheffield's future economic state by faceless beaurocrats that are unaccountable and unreachable to the Sheffield public.

You're going to look even more stupid then when all the developments Paul listed are built because they are all approved and mostly currently under construction and already let/bought.

The main cause of Sheffield's apathy towards progress is because we have too many people like Rugs.

They should go and live in Grimsby or something.

:gag:

Try reading some of my other posts by clicking on my username and you'll find plenty of positives as well as constructive critisism. There are plenty of world beating developments that have happened in Sheffield which just makes it all the more frustrating when these developments are surrounded by crap.
I did yesterday, that's how i came to my conclusion. Afraid you come across as a bit of a resident know it all tbh.

You're going to look even more stupid then when all the developments Paul listed are built because they are all approved and mostly currently under construction and already let/bought.

The main cause of Sheffield's apathy towards progress is because we have too many people like Rugs.

They should go and live in Grimsby or something.

:gag:

If you read my original challenge it was about specific office developments (not shops or housing) for private companies (not government organisations) that will definately be built during 2008.

I understand perfectly well what developments have planning permission and which ones work has already started on and even find one of them in particular (West Bar) a decent proposal for that particular site, just off the ring road, in the valley bottom and in a recognised office/business area (it's just a shame that the 3rd tower at the northern end of the site with a sloping south facing roof isn't going to have solar panels fitted).

As for apathy. There is a lot in Sheffield, but for good reason and that's because we've been here before in the 1960's where we've rushed headlong into the latest trendy thing about how we're all going to live and work in the future and then when people suddenly realise that it's not for them the city's left with huge swathes of derelict, unsaleable/unletable housing. The only difference this time is that these future ghettos are privately financed rather than publicly funded.

I did yesterday, that's how i came to my conclusion. Afraid you come across as a bit of a resident know it all tbh.

:o Rudeboy! You're so rude.:)

Actually, I am a bit of a know it all. But then again when I've studied architecture, planning, urban design, economic and environmental sustainability for the last 10 years then I'm afraid I do know it all (well nearly, as much as anyone can with the passion I have for the subject) and I would be patronising you and insulting your intelligence if I was to say otherwise.:P

If you've read my other posts you should be able to tell me on your next post what buildings/developments I actually like then!