Sheff Utd. - Weds. Derby megathread

It's called free enterprise. If you don't want to pay the asking price, don't buy the product. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

What reaction (locally) do you think it would have got, if Wednesday had done as I suggested?

Not the same as yours, I can assure you.

I agree with you Wednesday should have been much harsher, and gone into administration a year after going down (from the premier), the way Leicester did which is why the rules were changed later.

By ripping up under achieving, over paid players contracts then, the same level of debt there is now, would not have arisen.

But, that is not the way the club work, and there is still such a thing as morals on display this side of the Atlantic Chuffy, if not on yours.

I hadn't realised that your prices were so high. It goes some way to explaining why Bladebloke is pleading poverty on here on a regular basis.

This away ticket is for lower tier.

Your upper tier is £28, Kop is £26. A difference.

Indeed my fellow Yorkshire cricket fan. The thing is a ticket for the Upper Tier is the same as you are charged for the Lower Tier. I think it's farcical too, I suppose the thinking is that you pay the same for a ticket in the same stand*

The crap £21 view you got, is also a bit of a difference.

I'm not going to go into why you deemed the view got crap, but can guess.

There were many reasons why the view was crap, but mainly because I was forced to look at what was happening on the pitch.

Mine probably wont be much better, at your place.

What goes round, comes around.

Playing wise, I'm not so sure. That said, the view from the Lower Tier isn't that good really, but probably the best view in the the ground is from the Upper Tier at Bramall Lane.

*years ago, the pricing was different, and the Upper Tier of the Bramall Lane stand cost the same as the South Stand, as the seats in both places were wooden! The Lower Tier (when it got seated) was originally priced the same as the Kop.

Indeed my fellow Yorkshire cricket fan.

*years ago, the pricing was different, and the Upper Tier of the Bramall Lane stand cost the same as the South Stand, as the seats in both places were wooden! The Lower Tier (when it got seated) was originally priced the same as the Kop.

Indeed, some of the happiest days of my life were spent on wooden seats at t'Lane watching Yorkshire demolish all comers.

Alas, you kicked them out.

No'wt wrong with wooden seats, either . Better than the plastic things, the lips of which penetrate into the areas around the knees, where the surgeon's knife has been.

All the best my friend. Glad to see you back on this thread.

Indeed, some of the happiest days of my life were spent on wooden seats at t'Lane watching Yorkshire demolish all comers.

Alas, you kicked them out.

No'wt wrong with wooden seats, either . Better than the plastic things, the lips of which penetrate into the areas around the knees, where the surgeon's knife has been.

All the best my friend. Glad to see you back on this thread.

Indeed, the wooden seats were much more comfortable. As for the surgeon's knife, I never realised you were a gelding :hihi:

Glad to see you too!

I hadn't realised that your prices were so high. It goes some way to explaining why Bladebloke is pleading poverty on here on a regular basis.

This away ticket is for lower tier.

Your upper tier is £28, Kop is £26. A difference.

The crap £21 view you got, is also a bit of a difference.

I'm not going to go into why you deemed the view got crap, but can guess.

Mine probably wont be much better, at your place.

What goes round, comes around.

There is also a difference between whinging, and commenting on observations, Chuffy!

I challenge any Blade to have paid more than £27 for an advanced purchase ticket at any away ground this season, i.e excluding the disgusting £5 on the day surcharge at Watford.

yes i plead poverty because i'm always skint. but i'm off again in a bit taking advantage of the 15 quid a tkt and taking the mrs and kids. its in the blood mate once a blade always a blade.

and your cheap tkts at the sty makes it even more difficult to understand why you could'nt sell them for your cup final.

What reaction (locally) do you think it would have got, if Wednesday had done as I suggested?

Not the same as yours, I can assure you.

I agree with you Wednesday should have been much harsher, and gone into administration a year after going down (from the premier), the way Leicester did which is why the rules were changed later.

By ripping up under achieving, over paid players contracts then, the same level of debt there is now, would not have arisen.

But, that is not the way the club work, and there is still such a thing as morals on display this side of the Atlantic Chuffy, if not on yours.

Don't know where you got the highlighted bit from but it certainly was not from anything that I posted.:confused:

United and Wednesday are just like any other business, they are selling a product and, as stated, you don't have to buy if you don't like the price, nothing immoral in that.

Gone through the "whinging-complaining" bit before and I'm still convinced that United 's complaints are called whinging whereas Wednesday's are just complaints.

Sorry.

Don't know where you got the highlighted bit from but it certainly was not from anything that I posted.:confused:

Try having a look at post number 657, on this thread, posted yesterday

As for the surgeon's knife, I never realised you were a gelding :hihi:

What, and now talk in a high pitched squeeky voice, like some striker from a few years ago, I seem to remember named Marshall.

That wasn't one of my attributes, mate. Just dodgy knees, after years of legging it.

Well done this afternoon, Sounds like you deserved it.

Try having a look at post number 657, on this thread, posted yesterday

Well I just did geocol and there isn't a thing on there about me saying anything about Wednesday and administration.

I was actually agreeing with you that Wednesday should have fixed up what needed fixing and therefore could have charged more when United and L***s are there next season.

Don't want to get into an argument with you but you really should read what is said and don't put your own spin on my comments.

Take care.

My comments were made in general, following the series of dialogue relating to finanical matters, and events going on in football today.

I apologise if you feel you have been misrepresented.

My comments were made in general, following the series of dialogue relating to finanical matters, and events going on in football today.

I apologise if you feel you have been misrepresented.

Apology accepted. I think that we somehow ended up talking at cross purposes.

No harm done. Take care. :thumbsup:

I took another look at this, when sober (always a mistake!)

There's as many variations in sets of price ranges for the cat A games, as there were owners on Carlos Tevez's contacts last year, and the evidence is about as conclusive!

Purely as a matter of interest (not a whinge), how many Cat A games have there been this season, and against which clubs were they?