Mish Mash - Sheffield

I thought the Sheffield Forum was to recommend or advise to avoid certain places, not a slanging match?! I haven't been to Mish Mash, don't know the owners or their backgrounds. I may try it myself, this post hasn't helped me at all, it just seems that people want businesses to fail by attacking them without good reason. Quite sad really.

lowdham lad - can you please refrain from making personal comments about other users please - I've noticed you using the word "retard" on at least two occasions, and furthermore, there's no need for excessive use of the ranting smiley. Discuss the matter like an adult without resorting to personal insults. Thank you.

firstly, if you look at the original message the posting was quite personal about me and another user.

secondly, is there some sort of rules of which smileys etc we can use and when??

thirdly, your obvious retort in bold was maybe your way of stamping what little authority you may have but maybe at 4.13am you should try sleeping.

feel free to call me or pm me should you wish to continue this discussion. however i must conceed regarding using the word retard. apologies.

I'll not bother using bold.

If you don't take on board the gentle request from BoroughGal I'll not be so polite. Move it on.

I've been here once for lunch - the lunch menu wasn't as interesting as I'd hoped; mainly sandwiches and a few hot dishes. The sandwiches we had were good, but I did feel it was expensive for what it was. I liked the look of the evening menu, but I think they may be pricing themselves out of the market a bit for the kind of place it is.

Well I went to Mish Mash last night. Nearly didn't after I read this thread! but it was fab. No complaints at all. 2 of us had 3 courses each, a side order and a bottle of wine and the bill came to £54. I don't consider this to be extortionate particularly as the quality of the food was good. The portions were OK. The atmosphere was good (it was full), and the 2 guys and the 1 girl serving were very friendly. I don't write on here very often but felt I had to in order to support the owners after all the adverse comments they have received on here. I would definitely go again.

I've been to mish mash several times since my first visit, and they seem to have resolved their teething problems admirably as I expected. The food continues to be of a very high standard, and the atmosphere is always friendly and relaxed. I wish them every success!

I went to MishMash a week or so ago and was very impressed. The prices seem to have come down compared to those mentioned at the start of this thread, but the food was still great. You can tell a satisfied customer when they write a mini review on their blog... :)

I went a couple of Thursdays ago. For lunch. I couldn't have their chips as they take at least an hour to prepare. Surely they should have been prepping BEFORE it was lunchtime. Anyway - the thing I did have was inedible and I hid it under my napkin. Noodles and chicken - fridge cold and slimy ... revolting.

If anyone's still struggling to get contact details for this place here ya go:

Mish Mash

Sounds like people either love it or hate it. I've not been so I can't comment.

Had a lovely meal on Sat night at MishMash.

Good atmos , good food and a good bottle of house white (only £ 12).

£ 55 for two , 3 courses with wine and coffees.

Had crispy squid salad followed by braised Ox cheek on parsnip mash with a bowl of vegetables. Lemon posset for pud

Other half had smoked salmon fishcake followed by scallop salad followed by chocolate fudge cake.

Attentive unobtrusive service.

Would recommend.

Been for breakfast here the last two Sundays and been very impressed. They don't do a full veggie breakfast which is a bit disappointing but there are a few other veggie options to choose from. I had Eggs Florentine - the eggs, spinach and hollendaise were perfectly cooked, the coffee was great and it was reasonably priced. Importantly, the service was excellent. Will hopefully book for an evening meal soon, but if the breakfast is anything to go by, I would highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

Went to Le Chandelier (a few doors down from Mish Mash) the week before for breakfast which was appalling - terrible food and terrible service - one to avoid! :nono: