Information On Kendo...

:D Hi, I'm a 14 year old female, and my brother informs me that there is no such club in Sheffield to teach you the ways of Kendo, I would appreciate it very much if someone could post a reply, telling me of a club that actually does do in the teachings of Kendo, and it would also help if it was in Sheffiled or in the surrounding areas, with a contact number and address, thank you for time, :D

~*Natz*~

I personally don't know of one in Sheffield.

You could call Ponds Forge to see if they have any information or get the Star for a week as they have a 'what's on' section inside and it tells you of different martail arts available in the city.

Have you tried Gooooooooogling?

The nearest Kendo clubs are Halifax and New Ollerton over by Sherwood Forest - at least a 45 min drive from Sheffield. If someone out there would like to start one in Sheffield, looks like you'd have at least two regular members straight away...

I dunno about Kendo but I know that the sports centre up Norton, the one next door to Norton College, does Fencing lessons which is a similar kind of thing ie you fight with swords and wear protective masks.

Dunno if that's any help.

there is an iaido class in sheffield Hal university, the teacher there also does kendo so it might be worth having a talk with him.

:)

There was a class at Sheffield University quite a few years back, i am not sure who ran it and i have no idea why it got disbanded.

A girl called Michiko was the national champion i think. She came along to train with us for a bit, it was quite interesting seeing kendo and taijutsu together :-)

You may want to try starting one up at either of the universities as there have been quite a few people asking about kendo classes over the years.

Well I did the Iaido class in Halifax and the teacher wasn’t very pleasant should I say. But I would love to do kendo and i hope some one opens an Iaido and kendo class in Sheffield so that people can have nicer time practicing. I’ve tried to find classes near by Sheffield but all are too far and expensive to make the commitments that a martial art requires. Also in case any council members are reading this it would be in the city’s best interests to set up a kendo club in Sheffield. since many students (the city’s main source of revenue) from around the country come to Sheffield and some of which will have been practicing in there home city’s will be unable to train in Sheffield.

also just 1 more thing i'd like to point out that 627 people have viewed this thread. which should indicate that 627 people in Sheffield are interested in learning kendo