Looking For Friends Who Went To Myers Grove In The 70's

wasent the french teacher,s name chapelle? or something kev martin drives for abby glen any one remember mick cooper saw him and his brother (phil) a while back. remember mr dudley top bully. wonder where sam wheatcroft/ brent hawksworth,pete symoski,jonny mylneck are and what they are upto these days

Did Brent hawkesworth have really curly hair??

bassplayer. i'm married to mark dean. showed him this tread and he would like to know who you are. been with mark 14 years now, live at hillsborough and have a daughter who is 11.

mark lived on hammerton close, kirkstone road, hawksley avenue! to name but a few, but don't think he ever lived on wellbeck.

I was at Myers Grove 61 - 67 from Crookesmoor School. I'm still in touch with Marie Thompson and Sandra Cave and have also met up with a few old school mates from Friends Reunited. Mr Milner was one of my favourite teachers and does anyone remember (poor) Mrs Russell the French teacher who couldn't control the class? I remember David Oxley and his brother Pete (were they twins?) and also Colin Dunks, a friend of their who also lived on Edward St Flats.

I left Myers Grove in 74 I remember Mr Wardle didnt like him at all .Remember Mrs Sherwood our PE teacher she got a silver for Long Jump in the olympics .The Oxleys are my cousins We all lived on Edward Street Flats .Starting with the Eldest

Dennis Oxley My Nanna brought him up also on Edward Street

Alan Oxley

David Oxley

Peter Oxley

Lorraine Oxley

Angela Oxley

The Dunkses are still friends with my brother Colin,Roger ,Carol & Mark There all still around the netherthorpe /walkley area i believe .

just found this thread. left myers late 60 is anyone remember mr bannister fantastic teacher . he was also at walkly jnr school happy days. terry clayton.

Mr bannister or Banno to the kids. Great guy was the geography teacher at Walkley but when he was there it was still a senior school and he moved along with the kidz in the summer of 62.

If you did anything wrong in his class he made you sit at the top of the iron fire escape which led from his room.

Chapped arse for a week if he made you sit there long enough in the winter.

I remember about 7 years after I left i was working at myers and popped in to see him and he still remembered me. Although he named me amongst the rogues. lol

happy memories

we used to ask mr bannister about his holidays abroad in his little mini. then bingo out came the slide projector. brill thats what i call teaching lol. tel boy

So even Myers did not change him.

At Walkley it was his war exploits Lol