Looking For Friends Who Went To Myers Grove In The 70's

Sorry about the mistakes!! It is early morning for me.You should have seen it before I ammended it. I was in Mr Simmonds class and Mr Bishops some boys were gary hill,chris hurst,mark french, and have a brother phil born in 1962.My name was dowse.I think there used to be a house team called rivelin before, and no one had ever heard of porter! I was in Loxley.I played recorder, violin,piano,and clarinet.We hung out in music room at myers, our bolt hole! My dad was a music teacher, at other schools in sheffield.Any of this ring any bells.

Those names particularly the teachers ring many bells. Mr Bishop used play cricket in the playground with collapsable wickets. Boy!...could he spin a ball; he would get almost all the children out before the end of dinner. Mr Simmonds had a yellow Saab and thought it was the only car ever to be built. Do you remember Barry Haughton?, he is my older brother.

I was also in the orchestra, I played the violin and did the same at MGrove in Room 18. The teacher was Mr Robertson along with Mr Sharpe.

Those names particularly the teachers ring many bells. Mr Bishop used play cricket in the playground with collapsable wickets. Boy!...could he spin a ball; he would get almost all the children out before the end of dinner. Mr Simmonds had a yellow Saab and thought it was the only car ever to be built. Do you remember Barry Haughton?, he is my older brother.

I was also in the orchestra, I played the violin and did the same at MGrove in Room 18. The teacher was Mr Robertson along with Mr Sharpe.

i should remeber Barry. My music teachers were Robertson and Sharpe, was there a Mr Greatorex? Mr Simmonds started football team.At Rivelin we used to go and play music at local churches and old peoples homes. We travelled in an old ambulance.Do you work with June Crookes, an old friend of my mums.I passed my basic food hygeine a month ago . A good class of parents we had to go in assembly at my daughter's school to get cert. That was more scary than the test! We felt like 10 year olds.Looked you up on friends site.

I work in a shop in hillsborough and yesterday served Mr and Mrs Lancaster,she was the girls pe teacher and he was the chemistry teacher,she was called miss Nutbrown before she married him. Mr Lancaster was very strict and i hated chemistry so didnt put much effort into those lessons,so i was often in trouble with him,not sure if either of them recognised me but they never said,but then again neither did i.

I work in a shop in hillsborough and yesterday served Mr and Mrs Lancaster,she was the girls pe teacher and he was the chemistry teacher,she was called miss Nutbrown before she married him. Mr Lancaster was very strict and i hated chemistry so didnt put much effort into those lessons,so i was often in trouble with him,not sure if either of them recognised me but they never said,but then again neither did i.
i hated chemistry too used to tear pages out of my bok where tried to draw diagrman for homework and kept doing it wrong. he noticed my thin book and got into trouble, scared of him.You do remember the bad times more!

i hated chemistry too used to tear pages out of my bok where tried to draw diagrman for homework and kept doing it wrong. he noticed my thin book and got into trouble, scared of him.You do remember the bad times more!

I had Mr Lancaster also for chemistry and we nicknamed him "little hitler". Yes he was very terse and could be quite nasty but I guess he thought that he could. Possible childhood paybacks!!!!

Yse I do work with June or I used to work with her. She now works at a Call Centre for SCC.

Yse I do work with June or I used to work with her. She now works at a Call Centre for SCC.
Hi bassplayer went to my dads last week and went a walk to 1st dam on rivelin valley rd, June still lives across the road from my dad, not seen her to talk to for years, but she seems ok.I used to baby sit for her on saturday nights.Are you an owls fan?

NO, I am not an owls fan but I do want both teams to do well the owls more so to bring back premiership derbys to the city and stuff it to Leeds!

pm me

My sister & brother both went to Myers Grove around that time. I don't think they would want to be named so PM me.:)

does anyone remember the claytons

Yes I went to school with a Clayton in my class.

Does anyone remember Mark Dean from Rivelin/Myers Grove?

i went to Myers 1966 1970 also i went to Upperthorpe. Mr Clarke english teacher he was spooky and mrs Hipsley the art teacher with the stiff hair.