Looking For Friends Who Went To Myers Grove In The 70's

Don't think you have the right father son link. Barry Tall lad wore black rimmed glasses?

LOst in France_ Seem to remember the name Janet Pearson what class number were you in?

Bit of a coincidence if his son's name was Barry and I knew a Barry Wardle with Myers Grove connections. Barry and I went to King Edwards but I am fairly sure his dad was a teacher at Myers Grove and they lived somewhere nearby. I heard that Barry died some years back - sad. Oh hum, sorry if it is the wrong person.

Hiya Asaw. Could have been Janet Pearce - grey cells dying too quickly! Started in 1A4 then 2A2, 3A2, 4A2, 5A2 then the lower sixth but left mid year as some b*****d broke my heart. Was vice captain of the First XI hockey team and got school colours for it - nice new navy coloured tie with gold acorns on it. Remember the school motto - quercus magna e glanda parva or words to that effect. Was very very very shy when I was ickle.

pm tommorrow

Was that a request, demand or statement? Or just in the afternoon? I just don't get this abbreviated language.

Please post me private mail

Come on then who remembers Mr Dowling and his moped ?

When the moped wunt go up wood lane out came the pedals and his knees would go like fiddlers elbows,still laugh now

I dont remember a moped but I do remember he had an Allegro estate?:hihi:

Myers grove is closing forever this summer to make way for the new Forge valley school.

They are opening the school to all former teachers and pupils on the 1st and 2nd of July also look up the Yorkshire Film archive they are showing a half hour video (from 8mm film) of Myers grove made in 1970,shows Mr Hill (headmaster) the Grove game,Summer fair etc you can down load it for free !

Lost In France

Were you in the same class as Keith Pursehouse, Heather Shepherd, Liz Trower and Susan Davidson?

I left Myers in 78, remember a lot of those names Siberry for sure, he hated havin me at (His) school kept sayin he,d have me expelled, didn,t workout for him thou. Bumped into him one night after i left in the chippie on malin bridge **** his self, had wife and kids with him thou so let it go. APART FROM HIM SOME GOOD TIMES. Used to hang around with both cox,ys dave and nige started in 2d2 i think, remember a girl called Janice, nice girl. was that Michael Pursehouse, if so he died a few years ago i heard found in his flat after several day,s used to go to the lane with him got locked up with him at a good few away matches, sad he,s gone.

I was at Myers Grove 1964 -69 when Mr Hill was headmaster. My favourite teachers were Robin Grinter (History), Mr. Poynton (English) and Mr Waugh and Mr Howarth (Geography). I went to the closing of the school last summer and met a few old school mates there and - Robin Grinter a lot older but still the lovely man I remembered.

Hiya. I'm new to this forum and happened across the thread. Went to MGCS during the 60's. Can remember Sheila Sherwood, Mr Wardle (6th form tutor) Mr Hill, Mr Furnace and was incredibly in love with Mr Orme the Maths teacher. People in my class were Lynn Brearly, Janet Pearson, Cathryn Booth, Alex Hough, Julie McNamara. Average of 40 students in each class when I was there. Really wanted to be in Ghana house but they put me in India - I hate yellow.

I remember all those teachers. I left in 1969. Our sixth form tutor was Mr. Poynton (taught English). I know that Mr Furniss married the teacher who taught cookery and played tennis and they are still living in Sheffield. People in my class were Susan Harrison, Hazel Armstrong, Howard Keighthly, John Nicholson to name a few. I am still in touch with a few but would love a reunion before we all get to old to enjoy it.

Which schools were the original feeder schools in 1961. I can only remember: Crookesmoor,Morley Street,Walkley,UpperthorpeWeston street,Malin Bridge,St Stephens? Who else?