Looking For Friends Who Went To Myers Grove In The 70's

I left Myers Grove in 74 I remember Mr Wardle didnt like him at all .Remember Mrs Sherwood our PE teacher she got a silver for Long Jump in the olympics .The Oxleys are my cousins We all lived on Edward Street Flats .Starting with the Eldest

Dennis Oxley My Nanna brought him up also on Edward Street

Alan Oxley

David Oxley

Peter Oxley

Lorraine Oxley

Angela Oxley

The Dunkses are still friends with my brother Colin,Roger ,Carol & Mark There all still around the netherthorpe /walkley area i believe .

hi i know this thread is old but i used to live on edward sreet flats,i remember carol dunks, i remember once going to her house and she was eating bread and sugar.did one of the dunkses die cause i thought i heard they had.i also used to go to myers grove early 70s.did you at all know lesley winslade who used to live on the flats.

I REMEMBER A FEW OF THE NAMES MENTIONED OF BOTH TEACHERS AND PUPILS. THINK I LEFT IN 74(MEMORYS PICKLED) CAN,T REMEMBER FORM TEACHERS SURNAME BUT I THINK HIS CHRISTIAN NAME WAS ROBIN (WHY SHOULD I REMEMBER THAT?) SOME CLASS MATES WERE CHRIS AND MICK TURLEY,GARY BEER,MORGAN OATS,JILL COATS,SILVIA FORD,LIZ TAYLOR,JOHN BOWLER.:confused:

i went to myers in 72.anyone remember the revills who went there.other names i remember were.michael wild carol french angela sills josephine gibson julie bainbridge.my class tutor was mr rhodes back then.i can remember sheila sherwood teaching us p.e.

I was there at the same time as you!My year tutor was also David Rhodes and can vaguely remember some of those names.When you think back it was a really good school (we didn't think so at the time!) but look at it now.It had every facility you could imagine,laboratories,machine shops,art and craft rooms all fully fitted out with immaculate tools and equipment.Some of the discipline we had to endure wouldn't go amiss these days,it was unheard of to even answer a teacher back and woe betide anyone that strayed from the uniform regulations and had long hair!(lads).I remember the summer camps to Cornwall in the mini buses and sea canoeing with little or no supervision,imagine trying to get permission for those things these days,no chance!

I was there at the same time as you!My year tutor was also David Rhodes and can vaguely remember some of those names.When you think back it was a really good school (we didn't think so at the time!) but look at it now.It had every facility you could imagine,laboratories,machine shops,art and craft rooms all fully fitted out with immaculate tools and equipment.Some of the discipline we had to endure wouldn't go amiss these days,it was unheard of to even answer a teacher back and woe betide anyone that strayed from the uniform regulations and had long hair!(lads).I remember the summer camps to Cornwall in the mini buses and sea canoeing with little or no supervision,imagine trying to get permission for those things these days,no chance!

hi whats your name i may remember you.

Come on then who remembers Mr Dowling and his moped ?

When the moped wunt go up wood lane out came the pedals and his knees would go like fiddlers elbows,still laugh now ,anybody remember ashey,selly,tange,jack,henry corker etc?

Ive been mates with Tange since we were kids.We were both in Rhodes year at school.He's still a nutter.He lives just below Hillsborough golf club on the new estate.Selly lives just down the road near oughtibridge

Hi All,

Just joined Sheffield Forum when I saw this thread.Im Brent Crawshaw (crunchie) went to myers between 1969 and 1974.My Brother Kevin Crawshaw (also called crunch) was in the year below.We were very different he was red haired very funny and a good scrapper,I was studious and went to the physics club ! Anyone remember us? I remember dave oxley,gary fisher,shaun and damon higgins,paul grub and all the bramwell gang.I used to go out with Julie Skelton (from Tapton) from Bramwell Gardens.

I recently started having a pint with Radish (Paul Radford) and Cornish (Paul Thorneloe) both great funny lads.Anyone remember Sover Wong ? I found him again on Facebook and hes coming to stop at my house soon.Im trying to locate Gladys (Kevin Glasby) from wynn gardens,any ideas?

My favourite teacher was Roy Woustenholme (physics teacher).He was a real nuclear physisist and an absoloute genious.

Ive changed a bit,I used to hate PE but now I go to gym 3x a week! our Kev is just the same as he was then,Long ginger hair and a great laugh.

love a get together.

If anyone can remember Mrs Hedley, she recently passed away

:(

I was at Myers from 1972 to 1977.

My sister was in Mr Wardle's year. I was in Mr Burgin's year (if that's how you spell it). My Brother was 2 years below me and my nephew also went to myers some years later. The teachers were strict but they probably had to be. I left Myers with nowt as soon as I got work - big mistake -it has taken me the next 30 years to catch up.

I do remeber Mr Rhodes, as I once went to a christian action camp at Cliff College with him and several others. Anyone else remeber the trip? Does anyone remeber "Touche"? I can never remember his real name; he was a maths teacher and taught fencing. I went on a summer camp to Buttermere in the lakes when I was about 12 or 13 and Mr Snell was one of the teachers that took us. I came home covered in midge bites but had a good time. Anyone else remember being on the same camp?

Edited by Arnie61

I remember Mr Rhodes.he was my history teacher and mr rochele "touche turtle" he used to take some stick from the kids even then....YOU BAD LOT !

Any of these names out there ?Jeff Smith,Raymond damms,Alan Charlesworth,Mick Hodgson,Valerie Hibbard,

who was the best looking girl in the school.My nomination Marie Thorneloe !

Hiya. I'm new to this forum and happened across the thread. Went to MGCS during the 60's. Can remember Sheila Sherwood, Mr Wardle (6th form tutor) Mr Hill, Mr Furnace and was incredibly in love with Mr Orme the Maths teacher. People in my class were Lynn Brearly, Janet Pearson, Cathryn Booth, Alex Hough, Julie McNamara. Average of 40 students in each class when I was there. Really wanted to be in Ghana house but they put me in India - I hate yellow.

Hiya. I'm new to this forum and happened across the thread. Went to MGCS during the 60's. Can remember Sheila Sherwood, Mr Wardle (6th form tutor) Mr Hill, Mr Furnace and was incredibly in love with Mr Orme the Maths teacher. People in my class were Lynn Brearly, Janet Pearson, Cathryn Booth, Alex Hough, Julie McNamara. Average of 40 students in each class when I was there. Really wanted to be in Ghana house but they put me in India - I hate yellow.

I didn't go to Myers Grove, but had many friends who did, mainly in the 1970s. I also think I went to school with Mr Wardle's son, Barry. Does anyone know if I have the right father / son link?

Don't think you have the right father son link. Barry Tall lad wore black rimmed glasses?

LOst in France_ Seem to remember the name Janet Pearson what class number were you in?