Looking For Friends Who Went To Myers Grove In The 70's

hi fridgeman, yeah i am the shaun higgins who lived in netherthorpe and knocked about with paul grubb. i used to live on summer street. how do you know me.

kevin shearing ring any bells was dawn the tall blonde haired one?

does julie walton ring any bells also???

hi fridgeman. i am not sure of the name kevin shearing? but knew a kev sheerin who lived at the back of the hadfield pub of barber road. he has a brother called sean. i remember dawn as being small with blonde hair but not too blonde and a nice pair off knockers. julie walton does ring a bell but cannot place her? sorry mate i need more info. shaun.

Hi shaun, Brian Oakes here, remember me?

lived on Meadow street and used to come to your house to play subbuteo...:hihi:

hi fridgeman. i am not sure of the name kevin shearing? but knew a kev sheerin who lived at the back of the hadfield pub of barber road. he has a brother called sean. i remember dawn as being small with blonde hair but not too blonde and a nice pair off knockers. julie walton does ring a bell but cannot place her? sorry mate i need more info. shaun.

am i right in saying you have a brother called damon?

yes, kev is the one who lived behind the pub he ended up marrying some lass called janet who had a twin sister called jackie.

dave oxley ring any bells?

what about tina bower?

that bloke called bentman lived with his pidgeons.

julie had a brother called tim and they lived on the bramwell gardens.

there is more names when the old little grey cells will permit me to remember!

yeah you are right my brother is damon. yeah i know dave oxley. i married tina bower. i remember julie walton now that i asked tina about her. are you dave oxley? if so how are you mate and what are you upto these days long time no see. i know the feeling about old little grey cells lol.

Did David Oxley have a brother called Peter and Live on Edward St Flats in the 60's he would be about 58 now.

A guy called Geoff (or Jeff) Harper was a teacher there in the 70's, he was a regular at the Nursery Tavern on Ecclesall Road, anyone know anything about him?

yeah you are right my brother is damon. yeah i know dave oxley. i married tina bower. i remember julie walton now that i asked tina about her. are you dave oxley? if so how are you mate and what are you upto these days long time no see. i know the feeling about old little grey cells lol.

no i'm not dave.

i can remember going in the south star and east snack and what about fat trev, had a drink with kev last night in the southey social thats where fat trev comes in, he sends his regards does kev, i met Julie at the st stephens youth club way back in the early seventies and we have been together ever since (ahh) lol

don't you mean the south snack and east star. yeah i saw fat trev a couple of months ago when he came with sean mcnally to the pool match. i remember st stephens yc in the 70s but i am still none the wiser to who you are? please enlighten. shaun.

I went to myers grove school from 1972 - 77. i remeber Wardle. He was fearsome but when you got to understand him he was a good bloke. he had a real angry presence about him but was always quite fair i felt. Do you remember Mr Rochale the maths teacher. He had such an awful time from us kids and we ended up learning virtually nothing. There was many a time when he had to call in Mr Burgin in to rescue him ( games teacher ) when things got too heavy! God when i look back we were awful to that gut. Feel quite ashamed of myself.

Other memories were the summer fete which was always quite good and well attended. Weather conditions then were much more predictable, The advent of summer, the smell of newly cut grass grass on the playing field carried out by 'bayleaf' the gardener and the start of summer sports. The horrible autumns and winters and being made to stand outside in the pelting rain during break time. Having to bloody well go on cross country to the Robin Hood Inn with just your shorts and top on and no underpants. How ridiculous was that! Being envious of kids who lived locally who could pop back home for dinner and not come back if it was games lesson.

Does anyone remember Mr Sideberry (think that was his name ) - a welsh guy. I hated that teacher. I remember him seeing me chew gum assembly and as a punishment he made me remove all the dirty chewing gum from under the desks on each floor of upper school. A right sadist!

Other memories were the summer fete which was always quite good and well attended. Weather conditions then were much more predictable, The advent of summer, the smell of newly cut grass grass on the playing field carried out by 'bayleaf' the gardener and the start of summer sports. The horrible autumns and winters and being made to stand outside in the pelting rain during break time. Having to bloody well go on cross country to the Robin Hood Inn with just your shorts and top on and no underpants. How ridiculous was that! Being envious of kids who lived locally who could pop back home for dinner and not come back if it was games lesson.

Does anyone remember Mr Sideberry (think that was his name ) - a welsh guy. I hated that teacher. I remember him seeing me chew gum assembly and as a punishment he made me remove all the dirty chewing gum from under the desks on each floor of upper school. A right sadist!

Yes i remember this teacher Mr Sibrey.im not sure of the spelling either,im sure i can remember him wearing one of those black cloaks like mr wright did,he was my teacher at one point im sure it was English he taught,he was indeed very fearsome and was the one teacher i dreaded