Looking For Friends Who Went To Myers Grove In The 70's

went to myers during the eighties , mr lloyd was my year tutor

I remember David Oxley - he was there in 1886ish when I was. I think it must be a different one but surely the same family? His sister (Karen?) was Mr Kearns girlfriend for a while. David was good at making tea pots.

I also remember Peter kearns - I was a member of his drama group even when he moved to Gleedless School he still ran a group for us Myers Grove pupils. I had a mad crush on him ..... and Mr. Eyre!

Mr Wardle was at the school in the 80's when I was, I seem to recall he died but not sure if it was after he retired. Do you remember Mr Warton? Another RE teacher - always seemed like he was on another planet.

went to myers during the eighties , mr lloyd was my year tutor

Wasn't there something a bit strange went on in the news involving him?

I left in 1978 and remember a few teachers Surnames: Perry, Martin, Wolstenholme, Manning, Royston, Gordon, Lever, Crook, Harrison, Fahey, Hopkins, Hawkins, Reed, Thorne, Tomkinson, Maslin, Saunders, Siberry, Wright, Hill, Wardle, Burgin, Snell, Rhodes, Hollister,

Boyce, Fry,

can anyone remember mr furniss and miss barratt mr furniss was my head of year he was great very strict but fair

Yes i remember Mr Furnis, and Mrs Furniss! - Last time I saw them they were walking through a pretty little town in the Cotswolds called Winchcombe obviously on holiday, in the early 90's. I think they would have been shocked to see an ex Myers grove Pupil so far south but I moved down to Worcestershire in 1990. Miss Barrett was my PE teacher and she was scary but she could be fun too.

Wasn't there something a bit strange went on in the news involving him?
yes it was around his ex wife and her new boyfriend, i think the boyfriend tried to kill his ex wife and son , then went to france where he tried to kill himself

I left in 1978 and remember a few teachers Surnames: Perry, Martin, Wolstenholme, Manning, Royston, Gordon, Lever, Crook, Harrison, Fahey, Hopkins, Hawkins, Reed, Thorne, Tomkinson, Maslin, Saunders, Siberry, Wright, Hill, Wardle, Burgin, Snell, Rhodes, Hollister,

Boyce, Fry,

my god this has brought back memories,mr Fahey the geography teacher, i had a mad crush on him,even went as far as taking his photo when he was running a stall at the summer fair one year,also found out where he was living,and would go and sit on a nearby wall eating chips just in the hope of seeeing him,lol,oh my god cringe

What about Sheila Sherwood "get out of that sandpit immediatly"and Mr Snell "do not run in the corridor boy". "but i'm late for my lesson sir" WACK!! "don't answer me back boy,on your way":suspect:

Mr Wardle was a nice chap, but good at making you scared. I had a completely different view ehn I found out he had at least one mentally handicapped child to look after. Very time consuming.

Was Mr Cooke the really art teacher on the ground floor old man or the bit suave guy up on the third floor with the moustache?

There were 2100 when I started there.

Wasn't the 'suave guy on the third floor with the moustache' Mr. Astle? He was the only reason I took art - I'm still hopeless at it!!!!

Come on then who remembers Mr Dowling and his moped ?

When the moped wunt go up wood lane out came the pedals and his knees would go like fiddlers elbows,still laugh now ,anybody remember ashey,selly,tange,jack,henry corker etc?

i went to myers in 72.anyone remember the revills who went there.other names i remember were.michael wild carol french angela sills josephine gibson julie bainbridge.my class tutor was mr rhodes back then.i can remember sheila sherwood teaching us p.e.