Looking For Friends Who Went To Myers Grove In The 70's

Originally posted by herbiegrass

I left there about 70-71, and I too had the cane off Mr marshall for mucking about in the music lesson, I was one of the class clowns and would do a baby's voice, " It wasn't me sir" I cant recall the french teachers name, she had short dark blond hair and a short temper. Shaun Higgins, Paul Grubb,Kevin Martin and Dawn Hogg, the girl I fancied, were in my class.:heyhey:

I went to myers grove but left in 67 the french teacher we had was a stunning woman named Miss smith very young at the time everybody fancied her I seem to remember there was some scandel with her!

Guest poppins

I think the Crow brothers went there.

GJ2004 -

Good god - I remember Miss Smith!! - yes, for a secondary school teacher she was young - long blonde hair if I remember. The rumours we heard was that she was found with an Upper Sixth former in one of the Art Class cupboards -I guess they were examining his etchings!!

Originally posted by Rich

WTF?! Mr Kearns is dead?! Big scouser with a big moustache?

I had him for English up at Gleadless Valley, top bloke... Hilariously funny.

Yes so sorry to say. He was a top teacher. I was in all the school plays at Myers and he was the one who directed them along with Mr James and Mr Cooke (art teacher) did the scenery. We had some good laughs with him. Kept in touch after I left school and met up a couple of times.

As far as I know, he had a heart attack.

Mr Wardle was a nice chap, but good at making you scared. I had a completely different view ehn I found out he had at least one mentally handicapped child to look after. Very time consuming.

Was Mr Cooke the really art teacher on the ground floor old man or the bit suave guy up on the third floor with the moustache?

There were 2100 when I started there.

I went to Myers grove 70,s any body knows peter smith, david bower or david poole, i recently spoke to kenny .

went to myers grove during

the 70s,left in 1978

remember going to London on the train and Blackpool in a mini bus,both brilliant days out,im sure we went other places as well just cant remember,had a crush on a Geography teacher who was only there a couple of years Mr Fahy,no-one will remember him i bet.

there's a few i can remember david oxley , john bell , paul culf , steve ashmore , neill jessermino , john fisher , gary knowles

we all left around 72.

:D Not sure but I think the french teacher was called, Mrs Scholfield or summatt like that.

Anyone used to play pennies on the slopes round the field, and lose your bus fare home?

I did and it was a long walk home back to Meadow Street.

:gag:

Originally posted by herbiegrass

:D Not sure but I think the french teacher was called, Mrs Scholfield or summatt like that.

Anyone used to play pennies on the slopes round the field, and lose your bus fare home?

I did and it was a long walk home back to Meadow Street.

:gag:

:thumbsup: ahh yes , pennies on the slopes , never lost my bus fare , in fact i used to make a profit what with selling my sarnis and supplying one fag and a match for 2 pence , proper little spiv i was back then , carried on with my little scams after leaving school and ended up with the nickname of sharkey , its still with me today. :cool:

I use to know someone called ken scholey who i think went there in the 70s.

I remember Dawn Hogg she was hot