Looking For Friends Who Went To Myers Grove In The 70's

I was in Mr Wardle's year does anyone remember him ?

Maybe someone out there was in the same year as me please reply for a chat and catch up on the old school day's.

my sister went to myers grove her name was liz davies, she now lives down here in cornwall near me.

Hi

have you looked at friends reunited?

The Myers Grove list is pretty extensive - there has not been a lot of activity recently but I have made contact with several ex myers grove schoolmates through it.

I left in 1970 - but I do remember Mr Wardle - he was our year tutor - to a young kid of 11 he was pretty fearsome, but as I grew older and he went through the school with us (the year tutors stayed with the same kids all through their school life at that time) - he seemed to mellow and i grew quite fond of him by the time I left

I went to Myers but in the mid 80's....

Anyone went then??

Mr Maslin was my year head.

I went to Myers Grove 1967-72 and certainly remember Mr.Wardle. One blast from his voice at some kid running down a corridor would freeze him to the spot. A pity there aren't more like him in todays schools. Myers Grove especially, could do with the likes of Mr. Wardle today. Sadly, he passed away some years ago as did Mr.Snell the PE teacher. Happy days.

Sadly Mr Kearns the Drama/English teacher died a few years ago too. He was a real good laugh.

o happy days getting the cane from mr marshall mr wardall took us for RE he was well nasty shame about mr snell remember the other pe teacher mr pierce what a bas***d met shela sherwood a while back she is a nice lady do you remember sam wheatcroft,brent hawksworth, mick cooper pete hartley now all in there mid to late forties how time flies

I left there about 70-71, and I too had the cane off Mr marshall for mucking about in the music lesson, I was one of the class clowns and would do a baby's voice, " It wasn't me sir" I cant recall the french teachers name, she had short dark blond hair and a short temper. Shaun Higgins, Paul Grubb,Kevin Martin and Dawn Hogg, the girl I fancied, were in my class.:heyhey:

herbiegrass

Dawn Hogg - was she blonde and lived off Langsett Road?

Originally posted by FetishFairy

Sadly Mr Kearns the Drama/English teacher died a few years ago too. He was a real good laugh.

WTF?! Mr Kearns is dead?! Big scouser with a big moustache?

I had him for English up at Gleadless Valley, top bloke... Hilariously funny.

Docmel

No she had dark wavy hair and lived just below the school :heyhey:

Funny but I can't recall any of the other girl's names in my class, I must have been in love :loopy:

wasent the french teacher,s name chapelle? or something kev martin drives for abby glen any one remember mick cooper saw him and his brother (phil) a while back. remember mr dudley top bully. wonder where sam wheatcroft/ brent hawksworth,pete symoski,jonny mylneck are and what they are upto these days