Looking For Friends Who Went To Myers Grove In The 70's

what was the name of the french teacher around 71/72, god she were gorgeous?

Hi, some of these teachers names bring back some memories!!..i was there from 72-79, ended the 5th year in 77 and stayed on...have seen the pics of the reunion at Burgoyne road and certainly recognise a lot of them.....but they wouldbe the year above me generally.

I left in 1979 but went back 1979-1980 for an extra year to retake the 5th Year (you could do that at that time).

I have a lot of good memories at the school and a lot of bad. Mr Wardle did make racist comments about me and I challenged him in class about it..as follows;

end part of the conversation...

MW - "and your sort of people should know that"

me - " excuse me sir what do you mean by your sort of people?"

MW - "you know your sort, your black kind" ...under his breath

me "you mean black sir, why are you singling me out of all the class? thats not right and I don't think its fair. You point me out and say YOUR sort of people and then mutter under your breath about black?"

MW - "are you arguing with me boy?"

THe class went quiet

I stood up and, well it went like this....

me -"I think you owe me an apology for that racist comment"

MW - "SIT DOWN NOW!"

me - "no I want my apology or I will take it further. You have embarressed me in front of the class so apologise to me in front of the class....thats all"

33 heads turn from me to Mr Wardle who I might had was turning several shades of pink....to....red.

MW - "I .....apologise for that comment, now Sit Down"

me - " thank you sir" and I sat down.

Thirty minutes later and several hundred handshakes later.....and well the rest is history. Even when I see some old schoolmates yars later they still mention the incident and well it is still something to smile about.

i left myers in 79 too. we were in same year. who u then?

I was in Mr Wardle's year does anyone remember him ?

Maybe someone out there was in the same year as me please reply for a chat and catch up on the old school day's.

hi, i left in '79.

didnt believe people when they told me 'best years of your life'................boy, i believe em now!!

left sheffield for a few years and lost touch with just about everyone.

anyone who left '79 frm my year , please pm me id love to get in touch for a natter.

I had Mr Lancaster also for chemistry and we nicknamed him "little hitler". Yes he was very terse and could be quite nasty but I guess he thought that he could. Possible childhood paybacks!!!!

Very nasty. The carney fella didn't like me, and I didn't like him. He also marked me down at A level for things like margin too small, ink too green, and sh*t like that. Decided to test why I was getting slated. Used my results in the style of a lad in my form who was a favourite. He got A-, I got D-... My bloody results were better, too. Took it forward - supposedly as evidence - and got kicked out of 6th Form. Thanks. Anyway, took me away from the science bullsh*t I was headed...

Very nasty. The carney fella didn't like me, and I didn't like him. He also marked me down at A level for things like margin too small, ink too green, and sh*t like that. Decided to test why I was getting slated. Used my results in the style of a lad in my form who was a favourite. He got A-, I got D-... My bloody results were better, too. Took it forward - supposedly as evidence - and got kicked out of 6th Form. Thanks. Anyway, took me away from the science bullsh*t I was headed...

Like I said he wasn't a nice person

hi, i left in '79.

didnt believe people when they told me 'best years of your life'................boy, i believe em now!!

left sheffield for a few years and lost touch with just about everyone.

anyone who left '79 frm my year , please pm me id love to get in touch for a natter.

hi PM me I left in 1979 - 1980 ;-)

;)
I left there about 70-71, and I too had the cane off Mr marshall for mucking about in the music lesson, I was one of the class clowns and would do a baby's voice, " It wasn't me sir" I cant recall the french teachers name, she had short dark blond hair and a short temper. Shaun Higgins, Paul Grubb,Kevin Martin and Dawn Hogg, the girl I fancied, were in my class.:heyhey:
hi herbiegrass shaun higgins here the french teachers name was mrs hopgood. i was browsing through the threads and came across yours. what is your real name if you dont mind me asking.

hi herbiegrass, shaun higgins here. i was browsing through the threads and i came across yours. the french teacher was mrs hopgood. what is your real name if you dont mind me asking. my user name is sniggy07

hi herbiegrass, shaun higgins here. i was browsing through the threads and i came across yours. the french teacher was mrs hopgood. what is your real name if you dont mind me asking. my user name is sniggy07

not the shaun higgins & paul grubb that lived in netherthorpe????

hi fridgeman, yeah i am the shaun higgins who lived in netherthorpe and knocked about with paul grubb. i used to live on summer street. how do you know me.