Springtime Seaside Trip

Hi scoobz

you can find Puffins at Bempton Cliffs but i'm not sure about Shearwaters, the last place I saw them was on the island of Canna off the west coast of Scotland. Also I photographed the Sea Eagles and Golden Eagles and have a great picture of a Golden Eagle.

When you say ' Sea Eagle ' do you mean the ' Osprey '?

Is Canna one of the Inner Hebrides?

With the climate change over the past fifty years or so I expect the food chain will determine where a lot a species now breed.

I wonder if records would show that the climate change which we read about as actually happened previously via the past breeding patterns.

Hi scoobz

you can find Puffins at Bempton Cliffs but i'm not sure about Shearwaters, the last place I saw them was on the island of Canna off the west coast of Scotland. Also I photographed the Sea Eagles and Golden Eagles and have a great picture of a Golden Eagle.

I stand corrected, and look forward to hopefully seeing a whole bunch of them when we get there!

Hi Albert

the sea eagle is the largest UK bird it has white tail feathers which along with it's size differentiate it from the golden eagle. The osprey is a smaller bird and found mainly around the Loch Garten area to my knowledge. Yes Canna is one of the Inner Hebrides along with Rum and Muck, it is the least populated island with no shops only the tea shop which serves great food when open.

Albert

I forgot to mention the Isle of Eigg.

Hi Albert

the sea eagle is the largest UK bird it has white tail feathers which along with it's size differentiate it from the golden eagle. The osprey is a smaller bird and found mainly around the Loch Garten area to my knowledge. Yes Canna is one of the Inner Hebrides along with Rum and Muck, it is the least populated island with no shops only the tea shop which serves great food when open.

I knew it as the,' White Tailed Eagle '. The nearest place it bred years ago was Faroe or Iceland.

It did breed here in the 1800s but was shot to extinction.

I'm please to read that its back.

Scoobz. I doubt if any Puffins will be at Bempton in March because they would have to fly to the Bay of Biscay for there food!! Not only hungry when they got there, Hungry after flying all the way back!!

I think that we've had enough of `bird talk`, so lets maybe keep back on to the topic from now on of a Spring Day Out if we can :suspect: So if anyone has anything constructive to say on the subject...........please carry on :)

I think that we've had enough of `bird talk`, so lets maybe keep back on to the topic from now on of a Spring Day Out if we can :suspect: So if anyone has anything constructive to say on the subject...........please carry on :)

But no details except going to Flamborough exist.

Are we going to walk along the Cliff tops to Rieghton or Bridlington?

Having a round walk or build Sand Castle's whilst I sing to Scoobz. ' As the Tide Rushes In ? '.

But no details except going to Flamborough exist.

Are we going to walk along the Cliff tops to Rieghton or Bridlington?

Having a round walk or build Sand Castle's whilst I sing to Scoobz. ' As the Tide Rushes In ? '.

There is no plan Albert. Just a suggestion was made to have a day out at the coast and it's gone on from there.

To be honest, all the people who have said they want to go aren't too bothered at this stage about an itinerary, or where the walk will take them. I think a Group decision will be taken a lot nearer to the day, or even on the day itself as to where we walk, and for how far. I suppose the weather will also determine what we do as well.

Having said all that, I would imagine that we will probably walk from Flamborough towards Bempton, and then at some point take the same route back. Unless someone knows a round route that doesn't involve walking on water or getting wet of course!

There is no plan Albert. Just a suggestion was made to have a day out at the coast and it's gone on from there.

To be honest, all the people who have said they want to go aren't too bothered at this stage about an itinerary, or where the walk will take them. I think a Group decision will be taken a lot nearer to the day, or even on the day itself as to where we walk, and for how far. I suppose the weather will also determine what we do as well.

Having said all that, I would imagine that we will probably walk from Flamborough towards Bempton, and then at some point take the same route back. Unless someone knows a round route that doesn't involve walking on water or getting wet of course!

It just a good lazy day out where I will be able to bring my bucket and spade to biuld castles. I'm going to try to make this bbecause its a long time since I was up at Flamborough.

Do we have the light house keepers phone number?

It just a good lazy day out where I will be able to bring my bucket and spade to biuld castles. I'm going to try to make this bbecause its a long time since I was up at Flamborough.

Do we have the light house keepers phone number?

No Albert we do not have the lighthouse keepers number. In fact I would imagine it's an automated lighthouse the same as most lighthouses around the country are these days. (I suppose you're going to tell me different though :))

Why would we need it anyway, are you going to bring a rubber dinghy or something?

No Albert we do not have the lighthouse keepers number. In fact I would imagine it's an automated lighthouse the same as most lighthouses around the country are these days. (I suppose you're going to tell me different though :))

Why would we need it anyway, are you going to bring a rubber dinghy or something?

We'll need it to ask him,' if its raining!! '.