Wednesday Chat - Discuss games/news here

C'mon matt,admit it.You want to be an Owl,dont you?Its OK you can tell us,youre amongst friends here;)

Originally posted by boboskins

How is that Wednesday spouting crap! Isn't it a fact that he played for Bury and got 4 goals in 6 games. He's not even played in our first team. Seems to me it's only the same situation you piggies had with Billy Sharp, but anyway it's nice that you care about us.

Is it true that Bramall Lane is going to be sponsored by McCain next year coz of all those chips on your supporters shoulders?

yeah he played 6 games and got 4 goals...... as i was referring to (he scored 2 in one game by the way)

what i was referring to as shirtliff spouting crap in saying that he is a "proven" goalscorer, which he most certainly is not

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

yeah he played 6 games and got 4 goals...... as i was referring to (he scored 2 in one game by the way)

what i was referring to as shirtliff spouting crap in saying that he is a "proven" goalscorer, which he most certainly is not

Yeah but Shirtliff is the Mansfield manager, he's not gonna say "Oh we've bought this new striker that did alright at Bury but don't get too excited coz 2 of those goals came in one game and he still couldn't even get into the Sheffield Wednesday team!"

Still fail to see how that's Wednesday spouting crap (and yes i know Shirtliff used to play for us an all)

Yeah but Shirtliff is the Mansfield manager, he's not gonna say "Oh we've bought this new striker that did alright at Bury but don't get too excited coz 2 of those goals came in one game and he still couldn't even get into the Sheffield Wednesday team!"

Still fail to see how that's Wednesday spouting crap (and yes i know Shirtliff used to play for us an all)

for your first point, a normal manager would stated something along the lines of "this player has great potential which he even showed against us whilst on loan with bury, and for 25k i think we have a bargain as he is definately one for the future"

second point, shirtliff will always be known as an owl, as that was his most famous playing part

for your first point, a normal manager would stated something along the lines of "this player has great potential which he even showed against us whilst on loan with bury, and for 25k i think we have a bargain as he is definately one for the future"

second point, shirtliff will always be known as an owl, as that was his most famous playing part

A normal manager? What so all managers should come out with the same speil when they buy a player?

Still if that was the case at least that would stop Colin talking out of his rear end.

So let me get this straight, the criteria for Wednesday to 'spout crap' is for an ex-player to say something so he must be the mouthpiece for em. Don't mention Di Canio then :shocked:

A normal manager? What so all managers should come out with the same speil when they buy a player?

Still if that was the case at least that would stop Colin talking out of his rear end.

So let me get this straight, the criteria for Wednesday to 'spout crap' is for an ex-player to say something so he must be the mouthpiece for em. Don't mention Di Canio then :shocked:

look dont wanna go in to arguements about this......

im gona leave it at, a very obscure thing to say from an ex owl

look dont wanna go in to arguements about this......

im gona leave it at, a very obscure thing to say from an ex owl

That's OK then, we can go back to talking about Wednesday now.

Bit of movement out of Hillsborough today with Lee gonna Donny and Hecks to Barnsley on loan. But it seems like we won't be getting anymore new players unless Wednesdayite give their shares back to Allen according to the Sheffield Telegraph.

Now i'm not a member of Wednesdayite but this bunch do seem a bit tinpot, that's why i'll never be a member. I'm all for fans having a say in the running of the club but for all the years (as Owls Trust now Wednesdayite) the only things that stand out are them trying to get Bates in and opening a carpark across from the Kop. But then again i'm no great fan of Allen so i dunno where i stand on this. But it's typical Wednesday, where we get a couple of good league results and things look on the up then the infighting pops up again. None of it can be good for the club, we need to stop all this bickering and concentrate on getting out of relegation trouble.

Is it true that Bramall Lane is going to be sponsored by McCain next year coz of all those chips on your supporters shoulders?

heh heh like it a lot!:D :D :D At last we are getting a fit squad together, let's hope it continues. On Dave Allen, I must admit I think he shows no real ambition for a club with potential. Bad management has always cost us dearly, mainly from the board who have installed some right muppets over the last 12 years. Allens attitude seems to be that the supporters will accept anything and he needs wise up because if we go down there's a lot of people out there including myself will not be renewing their season tickets. I will refuse to back such a small minded man. Our struggle could have been avoided by not waiting for Mclean etc and making signings earlier.Now we are in a dog fight at the bottom as a result. Up the Owls:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Little_Alex

heh heh like it a lot!:D :D :D At last we are getting a fit squad together, let's hope it continues. On Dave Allen, I must admit I think he shows no real ambition for a club with potential. Bad management has always cost us dearly, mainly from the board who have installed some right muppets over the last 12 years. Allens attitude seems to be that the supporters will accept anything and he needs wise up because if we go down there's a lot of people out there including myself will not be renewing their season tickets. I will refuse to back such a small minded man. Our struggle could have been avoided by not waiting for Mclean etc and making signings earlier.Now we are in a dog fight at the bottom as a result. Up the Owls:thumbsup:

I dont think we're in a dog fight. If we get 3 points tomorrow then carry on the bit of a run, we are in a play off place!Thanks to Hecky and Lee....Good League 1 players.

[Now i'm not a member of Wednesdayite but this bunch do seem a bit tinpot, that's why i'll never be a member. I'm all for fans having a say in the running of the club but for all the years (as Owls Trust now Wednesdayite) the only things that stand out are them trying to get Bates in and opening a carpark across from the Kop. But then again i'm no great fan of Allen so i dunno where i stand on this. [/b]

I am a member of Wednesdayite and all we want, is a voice in how the club is 'coming along', we don't care for Bates, we're not so fussed over Allen, we just want to have a say in the way our club is run. But supposedly, Allen sees this as threatening I think.

Originally posted by jester6881

I dont think we're in a dog fight. If we get 3 points tomorrow then carry on the bit of a run, we are in a play off place!

yeah of course you are ..:hihi: :hihi:

Only got 14 clubs to jump over and hope they dont pick up any points .

Plus you are only 15 points behind Wolves and only have to make up a -19 goal difference

:gag:

I like your positive thinking though and hopefully you take a point or 3 off L***S for us .

Regards CB

:clap: Well Done Wednesday, 2 Goals 3 points... Brunts goal was a classic....:clap: Good all round performance. 3 wins in a row.....

"You're everywhere and nowhere, baby,

that's where you're at

Going down the bumpy hillside in your hippie hat

Flying across the country and getting fat

Saying everything is groovy

when your tires are flat

And it's hi-ho Sheffiel Wednesday

anywhere you go now, baby

I see your sun is shining but I will make a fuss

Though it's obvious..."