Wednesday Chat - Discuss games/news here

Morning...

Feel like a bit of a rant after that shower of sh*te last night. Feel really bad at the moment for Rocky, a bad game and he gets boo'ed and then dropped for Cardiff. There's obviously fans favourites at the moment because why Glenn Whelen is captain let alone in the bloody team amazes me. He has not had one good game this season, yet has hardly ever been dropped and certainly never boo'ed by the fans. It's about time someone give him a kick up the @rse. He's still the fans favourite after his performances in the last 3rd of last season, especially Cardiff where he was superb. This season he's a complete different player and has complete forgot how to pass.

:rant: :rant: :rant:

Well what can you say?

**snigger**

Went to my first Wednesday game yesterday.

Impressive stadium - shame I can't say the same about the team!

Originally posted by twichibi

Morning...

Feel like a bit of a rant after that shower of sh*te last night. Feel really bad at the moment for Rocky, a bad game and he gets boo'ed and then dropped for Cardiff. There's obviously fans favourites at the moment because why Glenn Whelen is captain let alone in the bloody team amazes me. He has not had one good game this season, yet has hardly ever been dropped and certainly never boo'ed by the fans. It's about time someone give him a kick up the @rse. He's still the fans favourite after his performances in the last 3rd of last season, especially Cardiff where he was superb. This season he's a complete different player and has complete forgot how to pass.

:rant: :rant: :rant:

Rocky has been having a poor season - not just one game.

As for Whelen- the whole team played crap in the first half last night.

As least we have a break before our next game to (hopefully) get some players back from injury.

Originally posted by DT77

Feel really sorry for you it was not a very good initiation. They can play better so don't give up. They are consistently inconsistent and I despair at times but I'm sure the good times will roll once more.

so you won't be going back then:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Originally posted by kirky

so you won't be going back then:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Can't say as I'd blame him and I'm a season ticket holder:mad:

I'm a Cambridge United supporter - so trust me, I'm used to appalling football!!

I will come back - I live close to the ground and miss football.

Probably go in the Kop next time rather than the South Stand which, though offering an outstanding view, meant we were surrounded by those type of fans - which I know every club has - who like nothing more than to have a good moan!!

I'm a Cambridge United supporter - so trust me, I'm used to appalling football!!

I will come back - I live close to the ground and miss football.

Probably go in the Kop next time rather than the South Stand which, though offering an outstanding view, meant we were surrounded by those type of fans - which I know every club has - who like nothing more than to have a good moan!!

That is one of the reasons why when me and my Dad go we sit in the north stand, it's the best atmosphere in the ground IMHO, just not near the away supporters end. You do get plenty of nutters there.

Wilf

Having lived in Sheffield for thirty years and having two sons who are born and bred Wednesdayites, I decided to buy a season ticket this year.

Consistent among the supporters is this readiness to criticise, boo, expect too much etc of a bunch of mainly young lads who are trying to get the club someway out of the mess it has been in for the last few years.

On Wednesday night there was a young lad making his full debut and struggling. The last thing he wants is for someone to be screaming abuse and shouting to take him off.

Then there is the constant bickering amongst supporters of the same team. At the play offs I saw a group of Wednesday fans fighting amongst them selves. On two of the last three home matches I have seen punches thrown and words exchanged. Whats that all about?

No one team has a god given right to be up amongst the top. Only by team and crowds working together will there be any progress made.

Stop moaning and lets not hear away supporters (like they wereon Tuesday) singing "Its just like being in church"!!

Originally posted by BrainThrust

That is one of the reasons why when me and my Dad go we sit in the north stand, it's the best atmosphere in the ground IMHO, just not near the away supporters end. You do get plenty of nutters there.

Wilf

that is true the view and the atmosphere in the north is reallly good just dont get a seat next to the crows nest section :)

Originally posted by mattjon

Having lived in Sheffield for thirty years and having two sons who are born and bred Wednesdayites, I decided to buy a season ticket this year.

Consistent among the supporters is this readiness to criticise, boo, expect too much etc of a bunch of mainly young lads who are trying to get the club someway out of the mess it has been in for the last few years.

On Wednesday night there was a young lad making his full debut and struggling. The last thing he wants is for someone to be screaming abuse and shouting to take him off.

Then there is the constant bickering amongst supporters of the same team. At the play offs I saw a group of Wednesday fans fighting amongst them selves. On two of the last three home matches I have seen punches thrown and words exchanged. Whats that all about?

No one team has a god given right to be up amongst the top. Only by team and crowds working together will there be any progress made.

Stop moaning and lets not hear away supporters (like they wereon Tuesday) singing "Its just like being in church"!!

im in total agreement with everything you have said there:thumbsup: but i think the reason why a lot of fans are getting cheesed off is the lack of activity in the transfer market , i still maintain we will stop up tho