Wednesday Chat - Discuss games/news here

Brentford were absymal and we were much better throughout except when we were threatening their penalty area.

Their keeper was absolute **** and a complete tvvat too. At the end of the game he had to be guarded by stewards on the Kop as there was a few Wednesdayites threatening him, as he had gone a bit too far. I just stuck to the old method of rodding him and swearing at him.

We did not field our first team squad at Brentford anyways, we have too many out through injury and up front we had Super Steve MacLean, a 50% fit Lee Peacock and on the bench an 18yr old with a broken hand.

Originally posted by kelly_owls

Brentford were absymal and we were much better throughout except when we were threatening their penalty area.

Their keeper was absolute **** and a complete tvvat too. At the end of the game he had to be guarded by stewards on the Kop as there was a few Wednesdayites threatening him, as he had gone a bit too far. I just stuck to the old method of rodding him and swearing at him.

We did not field our first team squad at Brentford anyways, we have too many out through injury and up front we had Super Steve MacLean, a 50% fit Lee Peacock and on the bench an 18yr old with a broken hand.

Its no good just consistently saying "they were rubbish and we were much better". There's only so many times you can use that excuse (I'm not getting at you particularly, just generally from what I have heard Wednesday fans say) before it starts to wear a bit thin.

The problem for wednesady is what I have said many times before on many posts. No money for new players. Sturrock has said the only players available are ones who are either just as good or worse than the ones we have already got. Its a well known fact that Sturrock isn't a big fan of foreign players, which is fine by me after all the foreign crap we've signed at Hillsborough, and they haven't the right mentality for this division anyway so the foreign market is a big no no.

Also, Yodameister, it is possible for a team to play the better football and still lose. We aren't bad going forward with Maclean, Peacock and JP, we just can't score the goals and our defence is a bit hit and miss at the moment. We have had more posession than alot of teams this season.

I think the another main problem as well is the teams mentality at home. At the end of the day they are 2nd division footballers playing in front of premiership crowds in a premiership sized stadium. Theres a huge expectation in the crowd at home to win, and rightly so. Also, away sides treat games like their cup final. A trip to Hillsborough for them is a novelty and they want to win.

Originally posted by nez75

The problem for wednesady is what I have said many times before on many posts. No money for new players. Sturrock has said the only players available are ones who are either just as good or worse than the ones we have already got. Its a well known fact that Sturrock isn't a big fan of foreign players, which is fine by me after all the foreign crap we've signed at Hillsborough, and they haven't the right mentality for this division anyway so the foreign market is a big no no.

Also, Yodameister, it is possible for a team to play the better football and still lose. We aren't bad going forward with Maclean, Peacock and JP, we just can't score the goals and our defence is a bit hit and miss at the moment. We have had more posession than alot of teams this season.

I think the another main problem as well is the teams mentality at home. At the end of the day they are 2nd division footballers playing in front of premiership crowds in a premiership sized stadium. Theres a huge expectation in the crowd at home to win, and rightly so. Also, away sides treat games like their cup final. A trip to Hillsborough for them is a novelty and they want to win.

I wasn't suggesting you can't be the better team and lose an individual match, just that you are unlikely to have been the better team in every match that you have lost.

Owls seem to have picked up somewhat recently, after today's result 1-1 away to Luton they are now 6th in the league and are looking confident as ever. Lets hope they've turned the corner now and stay up there for the play-offs and get back to where we belong.

Must say, Kenwyn Jones seems to be player of the moment for us! lets hope the goals keep coming.

Up the Owls!:clap:

must say he is doing well, thats4 in 4 now aint it!!

he is a bit lazy though, when i saw him against walsall he was watching a lot of the ball!

but as long as he is putting em away for you lot its all that matters

Yep Kenwyne is definately the man of the moment down at hillsborough. That goal against Walsall was a gem.

Only problem is he keeps on scoring during the month long loan Mr Redknapp will want him back at Southampton to help them staive off relegation!!

Kenwyn Jones me lord, Kenwyn Jones, Kenwyn Jones me lord, Kenwyn Jones, Oh lord Kenwyn Jones!

What a player. I'm not been funny or owt but he is quality. His positional play is top class. He wins every ball that comes to him. He was top class against Donny and against Vale. Couldn't go today 'cos i'm skint but from what I heard he was class again against Luton. He must be horrible to play against.

Another good result today by the way. Its a bit tight from 4th down but if we keep battling away and grinding out results I think we should make the play- offs. The only bad thing will be trying to get tickets toward the end of the season!

He was pretty good today.

I have been to about 7 or 8 away games this season and the past 3 away whilst he has been here (Donny, Vale & Luton) have been the best, along with Brizzle and Stocky.

Him and Macca are definitely a force to ne reckoned with although I don't think Jones is up to the Premiership standard yet. His goal was very easy though today and many think it should have been disallowed.

Here's hoping for a Hat-trick against Wrexham tommorrow!:clap:

well im off to the game hoping i wont be the kiss of death as they never seem to win when i go

fingers crossed :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wasn't far off with the hat-trick! Kenwyn Jones - What a star!

4-0! What a great result . . fair enough they had a man sent off but thats football, Owls were on the rampage after that!:clap:

Come on Wednesday!!!!!:clap: