Whats happening to Hillsborough? It's like a ghost town.

How long do you need, its not Meadowhall! You also have free parking on Limbrick Road, Hillsborough park/Hawksley Ave site, and the 40p parking above the precinct. Not to mention free parking on the top tier of the Barracks..

Does it matter how long somebody takes to do there shopping?

Should we all be on a stopwatch when we go shopping:loopy:

your right hillsborough not meadowhall it never can be!

So wots the next shop to close in hillsboro !!! we should have bets on it:hihi:

Might call in at the bookies see wot the odds are on the shops in hillsboro to close:hihi::hihi:

Does it matter how long somebody takes to do there shopping?

Should we all be on a stopwatch when we go shopping:loopy:

your right hillsborough not meadowhall it never can be!

There's 2 hour parking limits in lots of places, including on pay meters on Ecclesall Road where the shops thrive. In Hillsborough we have free parking for as long as it takes at Morrisons, plus all day free in the park if you get there early, or 2 hours free on Bradfield Road. Nothing unusual nowadays about time limits on parking in urban areas. Do you think it should be different in Hillsborough for some reason?

Can I just say here that I love Hillsborough! I like getting my veg from the veg shop, meat from the butcher, and so on - call me old fashioned - and anyway, fresh produce is way cheaper than at the supermarkets (and better). In an age where everyone's bemoaning the closure of small shops, I feel proud to live somewhere I choose between no less than three butchers. Hillsborough has a helluva lot going for it, from cheap tat shops (I love Home Bargains as much as the next person!) to craft shops, kids' clothes, sticky bun shops, fresh veg, pet food, fabrics and sewing supplies, flowers, electricals, frozen food, you name it. And now SOME people are putting a bit of effort in to cheering the place up a bit, with planters and so forth, it's even better.

I shop in Hillsborough all the time, and I don't think it's a ghost town. OK so I've only lived here about eight years, so cannot compare with its 'heyday', but it's always busy enough when I go in.

If you want constructive criticism, then I'd say Hillsborough would benefit from more seating - there's loads of sandwich shops, but nowhere to sit and eat your lunch once you've got it (unless you want to perch outside the Co-op and be clouded in diesel fumes). Any chance of some benches? How about on Hillsborough bridge, it might stop people sitting on those nice new planters.

Someone mentioned about student shops, like a bookshop, and an internet cafe - hear hear! The new Java Lounge has free wifi, and a bookshop would be great!

I'm guessing Hillsborough Forum has no control over what shops go in, but hoorah for them for doing what they can to make Hillsborough a more attractive place for potential investors.

Frankly, I never want to move anywhere else. Hillsborough's great. So let's stop knocking it and start promoting it.

Edited by MuddyFox

Can I just say here that I love Hillsborough! I like getting my veg from the veg shop, meat from the butcher, and so on - call me old fashioned - and anyway, fresh produce is way cheaper than at the supermarkets (and better). In an age where everyone's bemoaning the closure of small shops, I feel proud to live somewhere I choose between no less than three butchers. Hillsborough has a helluva lot going for it, from cheap tat shops (I love Home Bargains as much as the next person!) to craft shops, kids' clothes, sticky bun shops, fresh veg, pet food, fabrics and sewing supplies, flowers, electricals, frozen food, you name it. And now SOME people are putting a bit of effort in to cheering the place up a bit, with planters and so forth, it's even better.

I shop in Hillsborough all the time, and I don't think it's a ghost town. OK so I've only lived here about eight years, so cannot compare with its 'heyday', but it's always busy enough when I go in.

If you want constructive criticism, then I'd say Hillsborough would benefit from more seating - there's loads of sandwich shops, but nowhere to sit and eat your lunch once you've got it (unless you want to perch outside the Co-op and be clouded in diesel fumes). Any chance of some benches? How about on Hillsborough bridge, it might stop people sitting on those nice new planters.

Someone mentioned about student shops, like a bookshop, and an internet cafe - hear hear! The new Java Lounge has free wifi, and a bookshop would be great!

I'm guessing Hillsborough Forum has no control over what shops go in, but hoorah for them for doing what they can to make Hillsborough a more attractive place for potential investors.

Frankly, I never want to move anywhere else. Hillsborough's great. So let's stop knocking it and start promoting it.

Im of the opinion that some of the forumers are saying there opinion NOT as you say knocking hillsborough!!

YES we know theres the "pc brigade" where everything is rosey and they state everything in hillsborough is great ,

BUT then theres other real shoppers that are stating how it is in the real world of hillsborough .

alot of us know the problems in hillsborough and what it needs or in some cases does not need. i think if these opinions are used then hillsborough would be better for all

"JUST like to add i was born and bred in hillsborough so are all my family ! one of my family members even had two shops there at one point !!

Edited by The Manager

Can I just say here that I love Hillsborough! I like getting my veg from the veg shop, meat from the butcher
Me too. Sadly a lot of my money has to go to Infirmary Road Tesco for these items - I work and so am very rarely able to shop in Hillsborough as the grocers and butchers all shut early. Perhaps if they tried opening a little later 1 day a week they'd get my money. Not sure.

Definitely. I still reckon that the plot of land destined to be flats on the other side of the bridge would make a marvellous little garden for folk to enjoy.

Regading somewhere to sit to enjoy a sandwich.

What on earth is wrong with Hillsborough Park, or the Walled Garden

which is a beautiful and peaceful place to sit. No more than a few minutes walk from the shops. I cannot understand why anyone would even contemplate

sitting at Holme Lane Corner or the Co-OP wall, even if seating were provided,

you would be subject to traffic fumes.

Edited by bazjea

I still blame Meadowhall!!!!

I think the problem is that it's become a commuter town (for Leeds as well as Sheffield), so while people live there, they tend not to be around during the day, even at lunchtime.

I still reckon that the plot of land destined to be flats on the other side of the bridge would make a marvellous little garden for folk to enjoy.

Now *that's* a good idea! I think the river is such a great feature, but yet, it's not a feature. It's hidden behind tall walls for people to throw their rubbish in. A riverside garden would be lovely. Who owns that plot?

YES we know theres the "pc brigade" where everything is rosey and they state everything in hillsborough is great ,

BUT then theres other real shoppers that are stating how it is in the real world of hillsborough .

I'm confused! When is a shopper not a real shopper? :D