Genealogy: Savage family in Sheffield

I am also trying to trace my dads family his name was ernest riley died 1961 and my gradad was also called ernest died 1961 and his wife was called ellen(nellie)died 1955/56?

Edited by ernest52

I have a lot of information on the Savage family of Sheffield. John Blanchard Savage was born in Blacktoft, married Elisabeth Luty in Bramham, lived briefly in Rotherham and then settled in Sheffield.

The children of John Blanchard Savage and Elizabeth Luty are: William. Fred, John Blanchard, George, Thomas, William.

I am descended from Thomas Savage and Annie Marshall Harris. Please contact me if you share this Savage line as I have a lot more information.

Hi!

My family descends from this line. We are decendents of John Blanchard Savage, Thomas' brother. I also have some details. Would be great to hear from you and learn what information you have.

I have a lot of information on the Savage family of Sheffield. John Blanchard Savage was born in Blacktoft, married Elisabeth Luty in Bramham, lived briefly in Rotherham and then settled in Sheffield.

The children of John Blanchard Savage and Elizabeth Luty are: William. Fred, John Blanchard, George, Thomas, William.

I am descended from Thomas Savage and Annie Marshall Harris. Please contact me if you share this Savage line as I have a lot more information.

just seen your post. i am a descendant of john blanchard (thomas brother).maybe we can help each other ?.

Hi!

I am also a descendent of John Blanchard Savage. I have a family tree that my grandad gave me (someone in Sheffield did all the research). They have traced the family from Richard Savage of Bolton Percy (died in 1639, no birth date included). Please get in touch if you would like more information.

Hi Enchi I am a descendant of John Blanchard Savage , I too have gone back to the 1600s

Who was your Grandad ?.

I am interested in the Savage Families of Sheffield going back to 1500.

If anyone has any information about any of the Savage famailies in and around Sheffield from 1500 to 1800, I would be most interested.

In c.1600, there were about 3 main families that I know about.

There were in and around : (1) Darnall/Attercliffe, (2) Ecclesall, (3) North Lees.

Further probably related familied existed in the Treeton/Rotherham/Whiston area,

in Yorkshire, and at Castleton/Bakewell and Eckington in Derbyshire.

Hi!

I have a family tree, given to me by my late-grandfather, which shows our family settling in Sheffield. The first to settle in Sheffield being John Blanchard Savage (1832-1876).

Hi Enchi I am a descendant of John Blanchard Savage , I too have gone back to the 1600s

Who was your Grandad ?.

Hi Gracie!

His name was Ronald. Son of John and Mary.

Claire

does anyone have anymore info on the savages who worked from manor oaks farm,manor lane.i worked on the referbishment of the house now occupied by green estates.they left behind loads of paperwork in the old barn!

Hi Sorry no, mine is Ellen Luty born 1822, Married Hugh Bellwood 1855 they were both from the bramham, hunsingore, tadcaster area. She was his second wife.

Alan

Hiya im a friend of someone researching his Family history, he's sent me an email regarding this post mentioning the"Bellwood" name, as he's living in Leeds he's not a member of SF, but he's asked me to try and get in touch with you after browsing the forum...

I havent been on here for a while, can we still pm? if so i'll give you his email addy...:)

I knew an Elise Savage,but that was though the probation , she has a bit of a drink problem, i Know she died about 20/25 years ago.I also knew a Gilbert Savage, i am not sure if ths was mother and son, though they did look like each other.Gilbert still livess on the manor. His wife Carol died a few years ago of cancer.they would be in their 60s