Genealogy: Savage family in Sheffield

Haven 't time at the moment to read all the thread----but there was a Detective. Dougie Savage lived on Dover Road [ off Ecclesall Road ], up till the late 1960 's. I know he had a son who would perhaps have been about 20 in 1970.....? Dougie was a nice bloke, and, as far as I know, so was the son ? Sorry, not much help !

hiya

i remember just after ww11 a family called savage lived on egerton street in the broomhall area i didn't know them all that well but i remember the father always wore a stetson hat i think he was a western addict his son got some ragging from some of the local kids as his name was gene thats all i remember.

There was a savage living on wordsworth crescent in the 40's 50's as he was married to my grandmother who's previous married name was Lycett. My grandfather died quite young and she met the gentleman and married him. Unfortunately the children didn't like it so she moved from Dryden Road just up from Wordsworth Crescent and moved into the house on Wordsworth Crescent with the youngest daughter. The other children stayed with the elder sister in the house on Dryden Road. I believe there are still a few Savage's (the suname that is) still living in the Parson cross area.

Haven 't time at the moment to read all the thread----but there was a Detective. Dougie Savage lived on Dover Road [ off Ecclesall Road ], up till the late 1960 's. I know he had a son who would perhaps have been about 20 in 1970.....? Dougie was a nice bloke, and, as far as I know, so was the son ? Sorry, not much help !

We bought the house that Douglas Savage and his son lived in at Dover Road. May still have his contact address if needed.

There was a family called Savage who lived at Cowley Manor, Chapeltown. Annie Savage was the mother, and in some way distantly related to me (my mother always used to say) although I can't quite figure out how yet. She had sons who were horse farmers at the stables next door on Cowley Lane. Son John was killed a few years ago after being kicked by a horse.

There was a savage living on wordsworth crescent in the 40's 50's as he was married to my grandmother who's previous married name was Lycett. My grandfather died quite young and she met the gentleman and married him. Unfortunately the children didn't like it so she moved from Dryden Road just up from Wordsworth Crescent and moved into the house on Wordsworth Crescent with the youngest daughter. The other children stayed with the elder sister in the house on Dryden Road. I believe there are still a few Savage's (the suname that is) still living in the Parson cross area.

Went to Southey Juniors with Linda Savage, they lived on Southey Hill.

I worked with Lynne Savage married to Nick Savage in the 80's I think they live in Derbyshire

I am interested in the Savage Families of Sheffield going back to 1500.

If anyone has any information about any of the Savage famailies in and around Sheffield from 1500 to 1800, I would be most interested.

In c.1600, there were about 3 main families that I know about.

There were in and around : (1) Darnall/Attercliffe, (2) Ecclesall, (3) North Lees.

Further probably related familied existed in the Treeton/Rotherham/Whiston area,

in Yorkshire, and at Castleton/Bakewell and Eckington in Derbyshire.

Edited by HSavage

I have a lot of information on the Savage family of Sheffield. John Blanchard Savage was born in Blacktoft, married Elisabeth Luty in Bramham, lived briefly in Rotherham and then settled in Sheffield.

The children of John Blanchard Savage and Elizabeth Luty are: William. Fred, John Blanchard, George, Thomas, William.

I am descended from Thomas Savage and Annie Marshall Harris. Please contact me if you share this Savage line as I have a lot more information.

I am interested in the Savage Families of Sheffield going back to 1500.

If anyone has any information about any of the Savage families in and around Sheffield from 1500 to 1800, I would be most interested.

In c.1600, there were about 3 main families that I know about.

There were in and around : (1) Darnall/Attercliffe, (2) Ecclesall, (3) North Lees.

Further probably related familied existed in the Treeton/Rotherham/Whiston area,

in Yorkshire, and at Castleton/Bakewell and Eckington in Derbyshire.

Hi Linda, I am also interested in your Savage family of Rotherham, and Thomas Savage. Did you Savage family originate from Rotherham, and if so, how far back do they go ?

Best regards,

Hugh Savage,

Worthing,

Sussex.

Edited by HSavage

Wow, that's an unfortunate name. Well, almost.

I think they mean Virginia

Hi seems I might be related to a witch found the luty family comes up in my family tree if your interested get in touch sory nothing about the savage family. My family also originally from the bramham area of yorkshire.

Alan Bellwood

Hi seems I might be related to a witch found the luty family comes up in my family tree if your interested get in touch sory nothing about the savage family. My family also originally from the bramham area of yorkshire.

Alan Bellwood

Hi Alan, I have an Elizabeth Luty born c 1836 and her father Thomas born c1797

in Bramham . Are these in your tree ?.

Hi Sorry no, mine is Ellen Luty born 1822, Married Hugh Bellwood 1855 they were both from the bramham, hunsingore, tadcaster area. She was his second wife.

Alan