Genealogy: Savage family in Sheffield

just seen your posting

my grandmother was a savage her name was frances, she had two sisters one mary who had a pub and one aggie who lived on intake road. their mothers name was agnes and father was thomas

any good if so let me know because i am researching my family tree

regards

irene

My grandmother's maiden name was Savage and lived in Sheffield. Her first name was Emma, born in 1868. Her mother - Mary Ann Bownes; father - William; sister - Annie Lavinia; brother - William.

I have a Charles Savage in my tree who married a gr aunt of mine Nellie Trickett from S5 area , i'm told by family members he committed suicide by slitting his own throat !!!! not sure of dates but believed to be @ 1920's / 1930's

My grandmother's maiden name was Savage and lived in Sheffield. Her first name was Emma, born in 1868. Her mother - Mary Ann Bownes; father - William; sister - Annie Lavinia; brother - William.

You may be aware that Emma WORFOLK (nee SAVAGE) is buried with other WORFOLKs in Walkley Cemetery. Her grandparents William & Rebecca SAVAGE are buried in the General Cemetery (Sharrow). Don't know about her parents though.

Hugh

(Friends of Walkley Cemetery)

You may be aware that Emma WORFOLK (nee SAVAGE) is buried with other WORFOLKs in Walkley Cemetery. Her grandparents William & Rebecca SAVAGE are buried in the General Cemetery (Sharrow). Don't know about her parents though.

Hugh

(Friends of Walkley Cemetery)

Thanks for that, I'll pass the information on to my son who is compiling our family tree.

Hi Everybody,

This is a bit late, only just found this Forum, this may help someone.

Willim Savage born 1853 Surfleet, Lincs. came to Sheffield around 1870, married a Hannah England 1875 ( latter widow, maiden name Sharp).

1881 live Spital St. Burngreave, Goods Guard with Joe & Mary step children, Martha,William & Annie.

1891 10 Dorling St. Railway Porter, Wife Hannah children Joseph,Martha,William,Fred & Charley.

1901 Marcus St. 1 House 2 Court. Checker, with Wife Ellin, Fred,Charlie and Niece Maud Roberts.

This may help someone or even me.

i am trying to find out any history of ann margaret savage died 1962, at one time lived at 85 cookson road,sheffield

any information would be appreciated,

thanks,

ernest52.

Edited by ernest52

Is cookson road at sicey? I know there are savages still living at sicey!

The one I am on about is just down from the white horse

Probably not relevant to you but I knew May & Clifford Savage in the 1940's / 1950's.

They lived on Romney Road Heeley & had a daughter called Shirley.

May worked at some time during those years at the Heeley Green cinema.

Haven 't time at the moment to read all the thread----but there was a Detective. Dougie Savage lived on Dover Road [ off Ecclesall Road ], up till the late 1960 's. I know he had a son who would perhaps have been about 20 in 1970.....? Dougie was a nice bloke, and, as far as I know, so was the son ? Sorry, not much help !

I have a lot of information on the Savage family of Sheffield. John Blanchard Savage was born in Blacktoft, married Elisabeth Luty in Bramham, lived briefly in Rotherham and then settled in Sheffield.

The children of John Blanchard Savage and Elizabeth Luty are: William. Fred, John Blanchard, George, Thomas, William.

I am descended from Thomas Savage and Annie Marshall Harris. Please contact me if you share this Savage line as I have a lot more information.

Reidlinda, John Blanchard was my gt gt gt grandfather I have info going back to 1639 . Would you share please ?