Horse & Lion at Arbourthorne

The Holdsworth's David & Stephen and I think Davids wife Audrey, always battling in there at weekends.

:D i remember ozzy and audry and his brother steve from the 70's used to have a pint in there with him before i got the bus to the elm tree at weekends,havent seen him for 20 years or more

ozzi n audrey live on dagnam road have done for years now, you can find 'em most tea times in farm road club. Dave's still Dave as mad as ever:).

you'll remember Tony Carnall (RIP) him n dave were joined at the hip:hihi:

blimey am going down memory lane now, err try these names

shaun heald, dave n pete flynn, goz (gary glossop) donno (big alan) irish (who dj'd at stars too northern all nighters) growy (steve grocock) browny. and rest of us from dagnam/edenhall rd who went to Norfolk school from "babes to 16"

Jees am getting old now

sorry to hear tony has passed on.ozzie,what a character.:)

Tony Carnall R.I.P. came from the Cromford Street area, he was in the same class at Norfolk as his mate Dave, and Audrey... the now Mrs. Holdsworth.

This is bringing back happy memories to me.

:)

it was a long time when Tony left us and to be honest dont think dave has ever got over it bless him. most of tony's family are still about (sorry tony half family) the surname rasdale from cromford street jeff gary etc. are alive and kicking. Tony tho was only born of the carnalls and he never forgot. related to margeret and ann from dagnam road ann had birthmark on her face and everyone knew "auntie marg" on club trips from arundel/manor clubs.

blimey club trips!!!!!!!!! you got your ticket (like gold dust in OUR days) money in an envelope to spend etc at skeg vegas.

how we were pleased in them days! skeggy for day and great yarmouth for week, now its las vegas or australia

ozzi n audrey live on dagnam road have done for years now, you can find 'em most tea times in farm road club. Dave's still Dave as mad as ever:).

shaun heald, dave n pete flynn, goz (gary glossop) donno (big alan) irish (who dj'd at stars too northern all nighters) growy (steve grocock) browny. and rest of us from dagnam/edenhall rd who went to Norfolk school from "babes to 16"

Jees am getting old now

sorry to take the thread off track here - but what year did you go to Norfolk? I went alll through from the nursery till leaving.

thanks

Jees am getting old now

I know all those. Do you remember Jaffa and the others from the Woolhouse family ?

I went to Hurlfield school but used to knock around with all those you mention. Happy days !!!

We moved onto the estate in the same year as you, when I was a toddler. I lived on Samuel Close, just behind the Horse and Lion. It was a fantastic place to grow up! It started to change when the Kelvin flats were demolished and all the problem families were moved there. I moved off the estate about 10 years ago but still have some family and friends who live there. I have to say, I am glad I don't live there anymore. No pubs! No shops! Kids running riot on the streets doing whatever they want. Adults too! There are still a lot of the original families living there but when you talk to them they all wish they could move, mainly because of the drugs and problem families! It's a shame some people just cannot live in harmony with others! The Police do nothing!

i used to be engaged to girl ffrom samuel close No1 to be Exact was you around there in the 80's and do i know u

i used to be engaged to girl ffrom samuel close No1 to be Exact was you around there in the 80's and do i know u

Sorry it took so long to reply. If the girl was Debby Buttery you probably do know me.

I don't know whether I have dreamt this or not, but I thought I saw it was going to be a Premier shop like the Travellers on City Road became. Think I saw a sign outside when I was on the tram the other day.