Horse & Lion at Arbourthorne

I don't know whether I have dreamt this or not, but I thought I saw it was going to be a Premier shop like the Travellers on City Road became. Think I saw a sign outside when I was on the tram the other day.

You are not mistaken Mrs M. It is gonna be a Premier

There are going to be some shops just up from the Horse and Lion at the former Mickley Block at the Arbourthorne Rd tram stop. Maybe a bit of competition there.

The estate could do with a premier meanwhile though.

You are not mistaken Mrs M. It is gonna be a Premier

:thumbsup: Thank you!! I rarely get the tram now, but caught it during the week with the snowy conditions, but wasn't feeling too sparkling either, so couldn't be sure whether my mind had allowed me to make it up :hihi: still don't know whether to confirm or deny insanity just yet!!!

What a shame Had most of my post pubescent age in this pub and carried on til been barred when I was 26. However some of my greatest memories now lie in a premier supermarket. how sad is that

Think it was in an Arctic monkeys video , when it was a pub ..

Me , my brother & our mate Dave Frost used to go to Captive loads , w had some right laughs in there . Rough as owt but good .:hihi:

Think it was in an Arctic monkeys video , when it was a pub ..

1:14

We used to go there in the 60s after we came out of the silver blades. It was one of the few places with a dance floor then.

as I said earlier, the Captive and the Fellbrigg are still standing, but are used as church buildings now.

I don't know the Victoria, at all where is/ was that?

the Olive Grove seemed to be one of those pubs that's shut as much as it's open.

Earl Marshal and the Arbour' are still going.

the Traveller's Rest was shut the last time I went past (havent been past in an age!) I'm not sure if it is still standing or not.

\\\\\The Vulcan was up there but that is shut too now

The Vulcan was up there but that is shut too now

Has the Chinese restaurant that opened in the former Vulcan building also closed down, now?