Horse & Lion at Arbourthorne

Hi does anyone know anything about the Horse & Lion pub in Arbourthorne? does anyone miss their local being closed down? whats the area like since its had all the money spent on it?

Its on Samuel road

Its on Samuel road

thats in norfolk park isn't it? well everyone who lives near there would say so.

Yes I always thought it was Norfolk Park but apparently it comes under Arbourthorne, do you know anything about the area or the horse and lion pub please?

Know quite a bit about the area as lived there for a few years been in the pub about 3 times so couldn't tell you much about the pub itself.

It was known as "The Horse-And-Flying-Bottle" when my uncle used to live on the mandrake block, next door to it!"

Do you know how long its been closed & thank you for taking the time to reply

Do you know how long its been closed & thank you for taking the time to reply

even over the last 30 years, it has opened and closed any number of times, with different landlords etc.

I'm sorry I can't tell you when it closed last. I think it was the only pub left on Norfolk Park...

The Captive Queen became a "Church of the Nazarene". The Fellbrigg is now "the beacon", an amalgamation of St Paul's Church Arbourthorne, and St Leonards, Norfolk Park. The Jervis Lum (lumb?sp) which was "affectionately" known as the "Jervis SLUM!" is also demolished.

Thanks so much for the information, do you know if the estate had improved since all the money has been invested